Just back from holiday, so I didn't have time to get fully through a full game of 0.7.12 this week. I figured I'd release what notes I had, before version 13 comes out. Apologies if others have already made any of these notes.
- Pioneer 4 Mission Step 5 is listed as "Earth Orbit". A better name might be "Trans-Lunar Injection"
- When displaying selected Mission Controllers, the black text against the silhouettes is hard to read. (see attached picture) Suggest a different text color.
- When one sets up "advanced training" for a person on the lower section of a scrolled list, one is then returned to the top of the scrolled list. It would be nice if you were returned to the same point of the scrolled list.
- "Manage Programs" button. When one selects an open program from this list, you initially go the the first program in the Mission Configurations list. Some may disagree, but I'd prefer to initially go to the first Mission Configuration that has not yet been flown.
- I'd still like to see a "Manage Programs" shortcut added to the shortcut bar on the left of the headquarters screen.
- I realize you're still calibrating money. To meet the short term campaign goals, it looks like you need the following buildings for the first few periods.
--> Satellite/Spaceplane goals: Level 1 Astronaut, Level 2 SET, Level 1 Mission Control, Level 1 HQ
--> Orbital Flight/Lunar Pass goals: Level 1 Astronaut, Level 3 SET, Level 2 Mission Control, Level 1 HQ
(I'll continue this list when I have more time to play.)
So far, I've managed to achieve these goals, but my ongoing expenses pretty much take up the whole budget, so the cost of flight hardware and building expansion comes from my gradually decreasing initial funds, which look to be exhausted sometime in the mid 1960's. I'll then have to live wholly within my budget.
It might be more realistic to start the game with not much more than one season's budget, and calibrate the budget figures for each period to what might be expected to meet the short-term goals.
I'm sure someone worked very hard on the background music, but it becomes quite repetitious after a while. For now, you could expand the sound track with public domain music. After all, Kubrick did this for "2001". I think "Blue Danube", "Also Sprach Zarathustra", and "Gayane Ballet Suite" would sound pretty good in this game.
- I really do appreciate the "Auto-Assign Best Candidates" button for Flight Controller/Astronaut selection. My question is, for positions like "Flight", "AFD" and Astronaut positions that use multiple stats, does the Auto-Assign use one stat to rank, or a weighted average of all the stats? I'd prefer the latter system.
(In particular, I was wondering whether when I was using "Auto-Assign" on astronauts, whether it looked at leadership and just went with that.)