This corrects some issues with NetPlay, PoP-Ups, and Saves, plus more changes and bug fixes. It is available thru the Menu Update link or you can download it from the product page, http://www.matrixgames.com/products/296/downloads/
v1.0.9 – January 8, 2014
- Fixed a subtle logic problem when placing reinforcements on the map where under some circumstances, the reinforcements appeared in the setup tray even though there were no hexes available in which they could be placed.
- Fixed a problem with placing off-city reinforcements so that you can reposition them after you initially place them on the map.
- Corrected the problem with the Chinese unit not being able to set up in Burma in the later scenarios.
- Fixed the problem with the US not being able to set up units outside the US proper (e.g., the Philippines).
- Fixed a problem with the Naval Abort Queue where units which had returned to base were sometimes included in the determination of which naval units should return to base next. This caused the Naval Abort Queue form to appear and the player was neither able to use the form nor to close it.
- Added a check when games are restored so units in the Naval Abort Queue which have returned to port (or been destroyed) are removed from the queue.
- Fixed a problem with restoring games during the Naval Combat phases. If no sea area had been chosen (i.e., there is no active naval combat), then the program assumes that the subphase is Choose Sea Area. Previously some saved games would not load if they had been saved during the naval combat phases. This is a likely suspect for some problems with restoring NetPlay games.
- Fixed a problem which could cause a fatal error when calculating surprise points for the Anti-Aircraft Fire subphases. This is a likely suspect for problems with air missions halting abruptly in NetPlay.
- Modified the popup message form within the Air-to-air Combat form that displays the results of a die roll and its effects on the units so the form is now Stay-On-Top. This should fix the occasional trouble with the form being hidden and freezing the game because the player is unable to click on the (hidden) OK button. This is a likely suspect for problems with Air-to-air combat in NetPlay.
- For NetPlay, changed the processing sequence for a major power terminating the reinforcement phase so that information is sent to the other player. I tested the transition from Final Production Planning for turn 1 through to Weather for turn 2. The Production and Conquest phases ran right, and all the reinforcements came in okay followed by the roll for Initiative et al running cleanly. The game I was using did not have pilots so I didn’t test that Reinforcement subphase.
- For NetPlay, added some checks to prevent air mission processing from executing again once it has started executing.
- For NetPlay, revised a dozen or so checks to avoid non-fatal errors when testing internet connections.
- Corrected some code which under rare circumstances caused problems when terminating a naval interception digression.
- Fixed a problem with using the popup Unit Menu within the Naval Review Details form to swap in the Queens for a TRS, when the TRS is selected (i.e., “in hand”). Previously the TRS would disappear and the Queens would not be swapped in. Now the TRS is moved to the Force Pool and the Queens is “in hand” and can be placed in any valid destination hex. Or the ESC key can be used to place the Queens back in the hex where the TRS originated.
- Fixed a problem with using the popup Unit Menu within the Flyouts form to swap in the Queens for a TRS, when the TRS is selected (i.e., “in hand”). Previously the TRS would disappear and the Queens would not be swapped in. Now the TRS is moved to the Force Pool and the Queens is “in hand” and can be placed in any valid destination hex. Or the ESC key can be used to place the Queens back in the hex where the TRS originated.
- Made identical changes for swapping in Siberians using the Naval Review Details and Flyouts forms as were made for swapping in the Queens.
- Corrected the cost to reorganize a single convoy point so it is half the cost of reorganizing 2 convoy points. The latter is the same as the cost to reorganize any other naval unit.
- Added code to prevent claiming Bessarabia or Finnish Borderlands after Rumania and Finland (respectively) have been conquered.
- Corrected the code for breaking down Commonwealth corps using the standard breakdown rules so the search is for United Kingdom divisions instead of Commonwealth divisions (which don’t exist).
- Fixed a problem to avoid a fatal error in Port Attacks where if the defending side had enough surprise points to avoid the combat but also had AA fire capability, the program would attempt to execute the AA fire even though the port attack had been cancelled/avoided.
- Fixed the code for selecting which units are destroyed in a carpet bombing attack so the same unit cannot be selected twice.
- Fixed a problem with air-to-air combat where if one side aborted its air units then during the subphase where all the aborting side’s air units and the other side’s fighters return to base, the carrier based bombers that were cleared through were also forced to return to base as soon as the player selected a carrier air unit from the Selectable Units form.
- Expanded the table for storing possible oil sources when using oil from 200 to 500. One of the beta testers created a game where Germany had 210 available oil points/resources. Japan had 61 - the Axis was doing well.
- Fixed a problem where anti-aircraft fire might be skipped when neither side had surprise points.
- Enabled restoring autosaved games made at the beginning of the Initiative phase.
- Added a check when loading a saved game to ignore an obsolete variable about HQ supply sources from the original CWIF code. That variable is no longer used but can get damaged (somehow) which was causing saved games to not be restorable.
- Added code that repairs some damaged saved games when they are restored so they can be restored and subsequent naval combat phases executed. The damage appears to have been caused by previous naval combats not terminating correctly.
- Added another check for a terminated game to avoid a fatal error when the mouse is moved over the detailed map.
- Added a check to avoid a fatal error for non-existent oil points to decrement at the end of the Production phase.
- Add a check to avoid a rare non-fatal error when moving the mouse around during setup.
- Corrected the abbreviation of the Friedrich der Grosse naval unit.