1 turn to 2 turns?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

godochaos

1 turn to 2 turns?

Post by godochaos »

In a PBEM game is it possible to initially set the game to 1 day turns, and then change it to 2 days turns at a later date? I know it is possible against the AI.
Quixote

RE: 1 turn to 2 turns?

Post by Quixote »

ORIGINAL: godochaos

In a PBEM game is it possible to initially set the game to 1 day turns, and then change it to 2 days turns at a later date? I know it is possible against the AI.

Nope.
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Yes it is possible- I've done it in my current game against my opponent (well he did it after mutual agreement- as it's the Japanese player that needs to make the change).
grisouille_slith

Post by grisouille_slith »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Yes it is possible- I've done it in my current game against my opponent (well he did it after mutual agreement- as it's the Japanese player that needs to make the change).

Please, can you explain how do you do that?
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Very good question- I can't figure out how to do it, unless the option has been removed as part of the beta process. I'll ask my opponent how he did it.

Edit;
Note my "current game" has been going on for >2years real time so it's more than possible the option to change the number of days per turn has been phased out in the beta. I hope not though.
godochaos

Post by godochaos »

This is how to do it "in theory".
Japanese player starts game at 1 day per turn cycle. Then at a later time, like say January 1st 42, AFTER completing the last 1 turn cycle you go to the options and preferences at the start of the next turn(upper left).
Then on the lower left you change the turn cycle to 2 turns per day.
Now complete turn and send to opponent.
US opponent should check it and change it also, but im not sure if this is necessary.

Thats how I did it in single player.

Attachments
prefs.jpg
prefs.jpg (271.62 KiB) Viewed 280 times
godochaos

Post by godochaos »

It appears to me and my opponent that if you try this in multiplayer(at least doing it the way above) that the option to change the number of days per turn is grayed out. which means to me that in PBEM it cannot be done. So Mr Depends if you could find out how it was done in your game that would be cool, but maybe its something you cannot do any more, but could do in the past.
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Posted a query in the beta section (tech support thread)- Michael has provided the answer
If the Japanese player modifies their shortcut with the command line switch below then they can change the number of days per turn as per a single player game.

"The option is a command line switch (-cd) that the Japanese player needs to run. The turn can be loaded and the 'Turn cycle' is allowed to be changed .. thru the in-game preferences. "

grisouille_slith

Post by grisouille_slith »

Thank you Itdepends! It works fine.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”