Two questions

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Vease101

Two questions

Post by Vease101 »

I notice that occasionally an exclamation mark appears next to a unit, what does this mean?

Also, can anyone explain to me why there is a British Artillery Doctrine modifier in the game, does British Artillery find its way to the Soviets at some point?
Ronald Wendt

RE: Two questions

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello Gansey,
ORIGINAL: Gansey

I notice that occasionally an exclamation mark appears next to a unit, what does this mean?

this marks artillery units that supported others during combat.
ORIGINAL: Gansey
Also, can anyone explain to me why there is a British Artillery Doctrine modifier in the game, does British Artillery find its way to the Soviets at some point?

!SPOILER!

If you chose to head for Arkangeslk in the Grand Campaign you will face British troops that help the Soviets definding that line of supply.

!END OF SPOILER!

In addition to that, it was provided for future possibilities as we already were including the others.

Regards,

Regarda.
Vease101

Post by Vease101 »

Thanks for the replies Ronald, I haven't played the campaign game yet but now I am intrigued!
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

Question: I'm playing the campaign and in two battles I was winning but had intentionally not captured the last objective so I could repair some of my units. Since I still had a few turns left before 'Brilliant Victory' I wanted to gain the resource points and use them for repair. Anyway, the battle suddenly ended and I received a 'Normal' victory result. Is this a bug or...?

Second question: Do I receive bonus resources for ending the battle ahead of schedule?

Thanks!
GMoney
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello gdrover,
ORIGINAL: gdrover

Question: I'm playing the campaign and in two battles I was winning but had intentionally not captured the last objective so I could repair some of my units. Since I still had a few turns left before 'Brilliant Victory' I wanted to gain the resource points and use them for repair. Anyway, the battle suddenly ended and I received a 'Normal' victory result. Is this a bug or...?

Second question: Do I receive bonus resources for ending the battle ahead of schedule?

Thanks!

First question: the way you describe it, it could be a bug. Could you state the maps and/or deliver a savegame so we can investigate ?

Second: the grand campaign does not do this, the smaller ones do.

Regards,
tombo

Post by tombo »

....can someone define the numbers shown on the DEF/ATT display for:

i.e typical artillary Def - 7/2 whats the first/second number mean?
i.e typical armor def - 11 ( shows 8+3 when hover over text). also why is it in green text?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello tombo,
ORIGINAL: tombo

....can someone define the numbers shown on the DEF/ATT display for:

i.e typical artillary Def - 7/2 whats the first/second number mean?
i.e typical armor def - 11 ( shows 8+3 when hover over text). also why is it in green text?

The colours light green and red indicate a bonus or penalty that alters the basic value which is displayed in white.

The amount of the change is what is shown in the tooltip in your example it would be a green 11 and +3 on top of the standard value.

This way you can see where your upgrades influence your units.

Regards,

tombo

Post by tombo »

thx Ron...whats the two numbers shown for artillary type units x/x?

Maybe soft/hard attack strenghts?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello tombo,

without a screenshot or more details i have to make a guess. If the numbers are written like this 7|2 and appear in the panel expansion then this shows normal and embarked values and applies to all units that can embark on transports.

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”