Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modifications

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Modifications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modifications - 12/31/2013 6:08:51 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

What can you tell me about mods made to the game? I remember these talked about in some threads, but I have forgot the details and I have no idea where to find the mods

[edit]
SPWAW has Enhanced mod. Does TOAW3 have something equal: one mod to rule them all?

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 12/31/2013 7:16:10 PM >

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Post #: 1
RE: Modifications - 12/31/2013 6:38:33 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

What can you tell me about mods made to the game? I remember these talked about in some threads, but I have forgot the details and I have no idea where to find the mods

[edit]
SPWAW has Enhanced mod. Does TOAW3 have something equal: one mod to rule them all?

You can switch in the start menu from old to new graphics, rules, etc. Graphic mods you can find here:

http://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/category/graphic-mods/

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Matti Kuokkanen)
Post #: 2
RE: Modifications - 12/31/2013 7:30:19 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

I remember some discussions about mods that add weapons and equipment and related details not in vanilla versions. Where are those? Keep 'em coming!

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Modifications - 12/31/2013 7:59:55 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

I remember some discussions about mods that add weapons and equipment and related details not in vanilla versions. Where are those? Keep 'em coming!

Oh, the various equipment files thy mean? Sure, plenty of them around; even I modified one for Kharkov '43...

My regards to all the suomi sisters serving at Lotta Svärd ;)

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 12/31/2013 9:00:17 PM >

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

Post #: 4
RE: Modifications - 1/1/2014 1:45:07 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Oh, the various equipment files thy mean?

Those too. Where are those listed and downloadable?

MekWars

Post #: 5
RE: Modifications - 1/1/2014 9:58:24 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

quote:

Oh, the various equipment files thy mean?

Those too. Where are those listed and downloadable?

Most of them are part of the scenarios, such as Fabio's Eastern Front, etc. I can email the lot I got. Drop me a line at: oberst.w.klink(at)gmail.com

Klink, Oberst

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

Post #: 6
RE: Modifications - 1/2/2014 5:22:20 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

Most of them are part of the scenarios, such as Fabio's Eastern Front, etc. I can email the lot I got.

Oh come on! I went through some older posts, including this. Hasn't anyone made WWW page that lists scenarios and/or equipment files used in them?

To be precise, my interests are units & equipment of medieval, middle age, and ancient eras. Maybe some fantasy stuff too, like dragons... Has anyone made them?

[edit]
Found scenarios on Rugged Defense site. So in order to find out what stuff those scenarios have, I need to read documentation, possibly download and fire it up, and go through the units?

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 1/2/2014 7:08:04 PM >

MekWars

Post #: 7
RE: Modifications - 1/2/2014 7:34:46 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

quote:

Most of them are part of the scenarios, such as Fabio's Eastern Front, etc. I can email the lot I got.

Oh come on! I went through some older posts, including this. Hasn't anyone made WWW page that lists scenarios and/or equipment files used in them?

To be precise, my interests are units & equipment of medieval, middle age, and ancient eras. Maybe some fantasy stuff too, like dragons... Has anyone made them?

[edit]
Found scenarios on Rugged Defense site. So in order to find out what stuff those scenarios have, I need to read documentation, possibly download and fire it up, and go through the units?

Now you're a tad more specific. I only offered my humble assistance. And yes, there's no thread about the different .eqp files, but hey... I can go through the STALAG13 archives, bundle'em up and put them into dropbox, aye?

Klink, Oberst
(snowed in yet again in WVa.)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

Post #: 8
RE: Modifications - 1/2/2014 9:48:33 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

[edit]

What is it that you want to do with them? Remember that most are specific to their scenarios. Only a few were meant for general use. I think there were 19th Century, WWII, and Modern databases made. That's about it.

Post #: 9
RE: Modifications - 1/3/2014 12:02:07 AM   
fogger

It is 41 where I am at present. I would love a little snow

Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

Post #: 10
RE: Modifications - 1/3/2014 1:15:57 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: fogger

It is 41 where I am at present. I would love a little snow

John,

ya's ain't up at Devil's Nose at Sleepy Hollow (No, I am not kidding!) where I am in WV. ;) I hope the white stuff will not last long. However, it motivated me to implement a few more tweaks for Kharkov '43 and testing the Doc's Ardennes '44.

Klink, Oberst

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 1/3/2014 2:17:07 AM >

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to fogger)
Post #: 11
RE: Modifications - 1/3/2014 4:06:24 AM   
Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

What is it that you want to do with them?

Do you really want to know?

Something like that maybe...

quote:

Remember that most are specific to their scenarios. Only a few were meant for general use. I think there were 19th Century, WWII, and Modern databases made. That's about it.

Where can I find those? Does anybody else know something Curtis might have missed in here?

MekWars

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 12
RE: Modifications - 1/3/2014 3:10:41 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

I'm gonna take a look at this scenario. Where should I unzip the files?

MekWars

Post #: 13
RE: Modifications - 1/3/2014 3:41:09 PM   
shunwick

Matti,

1. Unzip the zip file into a temp folder. You will find two more zips.
2. Unzip both zips into temporary folder.
3. Move all the files in the "WotR PBMv04f - scenario folder" into one of the TOAW III scenario folders. Hypothetical Studies would be most logical or create a new folder for fantasy scenarios.
4. Rename the the "WotR PBMv04f - graphics" to WotR PBMv04f
5. Move the WotR PBMv04f folder into the TOAW III graphics folder.
6. Delete the temp folders.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

Post #: 14
RE: Modifications - 1/5/2014 7:46:26 PM   
dinosaurjr10

For any n00bs like me, here's how you install the Classic Redux II GUI mod:
* Unzip CR2 GUI styles.zip
* Rename C:\Matrix Games\The Operational Art of War III\Opart 3 Fonts.ini to Opart 3 Fonts.ini.original, as a backup in case you later want to revert to the original font
* Copy the unzipped Opart 3 Fonts.ini to C:\Matrix Games\The Operational Art of War III
* Copy the unzipped files in _MINOR GUI ELEMENTS to C:\Matrix Games\The Operational Art of War III\AltGraphics
* Copy the unzipped files in one of the theme folders, e.g. Plain Grey, again to C:\Matrix Games\The Operational Art of War III\AltGraphics
* If you choose the Dark Grey theme, there is a different Opart 3 Fonts.ini in that folder that you should use
* Check the unzipped README.txt for more details

Post #: 15
RE: Modifications - 1/6/2014 12:29:06 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

... my interests are units & equipment of medieval, middle age, and ancient eras.

The 19th Century Database is on Rugged Defense. The only one I know earlier than that is the eqp file in Marathon :

http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenarii/the-operational-art-of-war-scenario-750-Marathon-490-BC

Post #: 16
RE: Modifications - 1/6/2014 5:57:44 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

Thanks for all the info here. Let's keep this thread open for TOAW mods in general, and take any discussion about my scenario under work elsewhere

MekWars

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Modifications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI