Updating APOS

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Missouri_Rebel

Updating APOS

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Installing and Updating Achtung Panzer Operation Star, Matrix Retail Version

1) Install your base game. It should install to C:Matrix Games/Achtung Panzer Operation Star by default. If not change it to there as you do not want to install to Program Files. Leave all items checked through install process.

2) Run game. Version should be 5.77 (1575) on upper right of main menu screen. Exit the game.

3) Download the Core Update file named gtos_cu_581c1_eng <----- Link

4) Download the newest patch named gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2extension <----- Link

5) Run the Core Update file (gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe) and install it to where you installed the game i.e. in the C: Matrix Games/ Operation Star folder. Do not install to the default Program Files. Leave all boxes checked. The Game Updater screen will open.

6) In the Game Updater screen click the Install button. Browse to find your patch file gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2extension and click it. You should now see in the Game Updater screen that your game is now updated to version 4.09.

7) Click Save and Play. It will be Version: 5.81 (2170) Update: aug.13 in the main menu.

If you want the Polygon Update you'll need apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension <----- Link. Follow #6 & 7 above to install Poly Update. Note: you must use a download manager to get this file for some reason. It is 1234 mb. In the Game Updater it is called District Update 1.03 and should be at the bottom of the list.

Installing DLC's

1) Run the DLC executable which will unpack the Core files of that DLC. (its best to create an appropriately named folder and unzip it there)

2) Open the Game Updater (this can be done by either clicking the version number in the games Main Menu screen or by clicking the update.cmd file in your game install folder)

3) Click the Install button and change the default Addons (packed)*g2extension filter on the bottom right of the screen to All Files*.*.

4) Point to where you have previously unpacked your DLC, open its Core folder and click on the desc.addpack file. Game will update and the DLC will be shown in the Game Updater screen. (All DLC's will be of this desc.addpack type except for the newest Shilovo42. It will be in the .gt2extension format.)

5) Click Save and Play

*Note*

The DLC's need to be arranged by moving them Up or Down to be below the Game Update in priority.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
StkNRdr

RE: Updating APOS

Post by StkNRdr »

Thanks for this post. It helped getting me through the August 2013 patch. Downloaded the December 2013 patch from Graviteam. All went well. Did need a download manager for the polygon option. Used "Free Download Manager" and it did the trick and was 10 times faster. Used the update function within the game to install.

BTW, just in case anyone else wonders this, at first I wasn't sure if the Matrix version and the Graviteam version were one in the same but they are.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Just purchased Operation Star from Matrix. Followed your upgrade advice. Worked until I tried to install polygon update and Kharkov DLC purchased from Graviteam directly. Now get error message when I try to play either game or DLC. Will try deleting and starting again. Any ideas would be helpful as to what I am doing wrong.
JRR
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Reinstalled both Operation Star from matrix and Kharkov from graviteam (to a seperate folder). Was able to successfully install the 5.81 update and the aug13 patch to the OpStar and the 5.17 patch to Kharkov, Have stopped there as both games are working now (awesome graphics). I need to learn the game system anyways. If there is an easy way to combine the DLC with the game (from here ) I would love to hear it. Thank you for the easy to follow instructions above as I am pretty sure that allowed me to get this far with the upgrades.
JRR
Krabb

Post by Krabb »

What is Kharkov DLC? Are you talking about Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943, which is the game previous to Operation Star? So, its patch should not be installed on Operation Star.

DLCs can be installed easily on any version, either GamersGate, Matrix, or whatever else.

Just in case: http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Inst ... ifications.

The latest Operation Star patch is December 2013, the wiki above list the links.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

My bad. I thought Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 was a DLC. Did not read carefefully. Both games working fine now. I will download the December 2013 patch for Operation Star using the link you provided. Starting learning game system today.
JRR
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Can I install the update and not patch?I am able to install update,but when I try to install patch game wont run.I hope they fix the patching process for the upcoming Muis game
Krabb

Post by Krabb »

bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I just repurchased from Steam,got the base game and 3 DLC's fully patched for $10.81.Apparently no need to go through the patching process with Steam version.They do it for you,just update,click save and play.[:D][:D]
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

Just to clarify, this version sold on Matrix can be updated to the latest Graviteam versions utilizing their patches? Someone made a comment in another games forums that "don't buy the Matrix version they don't support the game."
Krabb

Post by Krabb »

Most probably yes. But if you are buying it's better to choose GamersGate or Steam.
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

Of course, Krabb. But there is a $10 difference from Matrix to Steam. Sounds silly when I type it but there it is.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Steam is better as GG does not have automatic patches.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”