WIF Blitz delayed

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

SirWhiskers

WIF Blitz delayed

Post by SirWhiskers »

Well, I checked the ADG page this morning and was shocked to see that the number of pre-orders had dropped significantly. I found the following post on BoardGameGeek:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1088372 ... ate-anyone

-------------------------------------------
Gidday Jimm,

thanks for your post. the good news is I have just updated the figures on WiF Blitz. The bad news is that a major publisher who had ordered 500 copies has recently decided to only concentrate on European family games in future.

However as WiFBlitz is the most popular of our advance order projects, Dave LeLacheur (the designer) and I are exploring other avenues to get WiFBlitz out sometime in 2014.

As to your address and credit card details, before we go to print we will contact all our advance order customers to resubmit their details to ensure we get the game out to the right locations, so you only need contact us if your email address has changed from your order.

Thank you for your continuing support for our games and we at ADG hope you and your family have a very merry christmas and a happy new year.

regards
Harry Rowland
ADG
--------------------------------------------

Needless to say, I've very disappointed, though I understand ADG's position. I was really hoping to use WIF Blitz to ease a friend into trying WIF (we play Advanced Third Reich instead). Let's hope they come up with something in the next year...

Klydon

RE: WIF Blitz delayed

Post by Klydon »

Damm.. I was wondering what happen since they had not updated in a long time, but were so close to the goal to print.

Shame the company backed out. I think this game could be a great gateway to regular WiF and certainly the footprint would be smaller, etc.
SLAAKMAN

RE: WIF Blitz delayed

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Excellent. Now my main crew wont be distracted by such newbular diversions. We only need the Global Campaign on the corps/div level in perpetuity. All else is illusion.
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

Return to “World in Flames”