Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The New Guy Newbie Guide to Fully Non Automatic Manual Play - Distant Worlds, The Manly Man Way to P

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: The New Guy Newbie Guide to Fully Non Automatic Manual Play - Distant Worlds, The Manly Man Way to P Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The New Guy Newbie Guide to Fully Non Automatic Man... - 1/7/2016 7:09:34 AM   
Gamewize

Heyas. First off, Timotheus, thank you a ton for making this guide. You may or may not be reading these forums anymore, but I just wanted to say that this guide really made me love this game again. What BlackSoulReaper said rung very true for me, as I got consistently frustrated with the game because I was letting it 'play itself' and thought I had little control over things.

Thanks to this I have a much better understanding of how things work, and it's making my games much more fun.

A few things I wanted to add here, for anyone whose curious: Using the Extended Enhanced mod, this guide works fine and well as is, with the following changes I've noticed:

- The Predator design outlined in the guide will take up around 330 Size. However, the first Size Enhancement research gives you 400 instead of 300 size, so there's nothing to worry about.
- The Gerax Hyperdrive will only give you up to about 6800 speed on the Predator design, and not 15000.
- Automated explorers are much smarter, and will intelligently scan ruins as of this writing.
- You may have to add another reactor or two to some designs. The rule of thumb I have read is that your Excess Energy Output should equal or slightly exceed your Weapon Energy Consumption + Shield Recharge Time + Sprint Speed Energy Usage.

(in reply to Cyraga)
Post #: 121
RE: The New Guy Newbie Guide to Fully Non Automatic Man... - 3/30/2016 2:52:01 AM   
Badbonez

Thanks for the guide! It was pretty useful for a new user who had been struggling trying to make sense of all the components to the game. Going manual, although counter-intuitive, does make sure that you learn all the different concepts. But who wrote this? George RR Martin? It sure is taking a long time for the next chapter!

Waiting to see how to deal with pirates...

Cheers!

(in reply to Gamewize)
Post #: 122
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: The New Guy Newbie Guide to Fully Non Automatic Manual Play - Distant Worlds, The Manly Man Way to P Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI