Matrix Games Forums

Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Thanks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Thanks Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Thanks - 6/19/2014 4:47:35 PM   
Andy06r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spidey

I did some testing with with a +23% weapons research bonus, an energy research station, and a multi-school scientist.

Energy station with no weapons lab on weapon research bonus = no bonus at all.
Energy station with 1 weapons lab on weapon research bonus = +23% research bonus.
Triple-school scientist at energy station with 1 energy lab and 1 weapon lab = +18% weaps, +49% energy, +0% HT.
Triple-school scientist at energy station with 1 of each lab = +18% weaps, +49% energy, +23% HT.

So there you have it. A scientist needs access to at least one lab of the right kind to provide a bonus. Any kind of research station with at least one lab of the right type can provide a location bonus.

Where it gets tricky is the interaction of multiple starbases.

If you have a 20% weapons black hole lab, your empire will get +20% to weapons. The 18% on the tri-shook scientist is wasted because the game uses the maximum site (location plus staff) as the bonus.

I typically reduce the labs in my starbase and then add one of each to the research stations. You pay a little more in maintenance, but you avoid the eggs-in-baskets problem.

(in reply to Spidey)
Post #: 91
RE: Thanks - 6/19/2014 8:52:54 PM   
BlueTemplar

Looks like that there's a dilemma for DW : on one hand the defining feature for which it has been praised is the sheer number of systems and ships doing each their own business, but on the other hand this makes it impossible to apply any kind of computationally-heavy algorithm to each of them.

Ideally, you could have different, more computationally-intensive algorithms when there are less objects involved (early game or smaller maps), but then this means that CodeForce would need to develop and maintain multiple or more complicated algorithms... and for what? So that the (tiny?) minority of people caring about this (which am I a part of) is satisfied?

(in reply to Andy06r)
Post #: 92
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Thanks Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI