Such a shame

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

KuniworthII

Such a shame

Post by KuniworthII »

First of all, congrats on an absolute masterpiece of a game. This is one of my top wargames of all time and I've played through the original and two expansions.

I think the reason I waited so long to pick it up was that I did'n t like the look of the game and all those shorter scenarios. How wrong I was, nowdays I absolutely love the look and the great graphics. Also the game mechanics is easy to get grip of but very hard to be good at. This is simply how ww2 should "feel".

What I would like to point out however, is that this game is SCREAMING to become a world war 2 grand strategy game. Like commander, strategic command etc. THis game would knock everyones socks off. The engine is perfect for it and with production, politics etc we would have the best ww2 strategy game of all time hands down. Such a shame if you don't go that way.

This game is awesome. I hope you reconsider transforming this beautiful operational game into grand strategy.

Return to “Unity of Command Series”