Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CLOSE COMBAT +4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> CLOSE COMBAT +4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CLOSE COMBAT +4 - 12/25/2013 12:42:02 AM   
Commish

Just played SoS "Wounded Tiger" online . . . it seems the program is NOT applying the +4 Close Combat Firepower modifier. Ended up costing me my T-34 which had bravely advanced into the same hex as the Tiger. Rolled an 8 plus my 9 Firepower = 17. +4 Close Combat modifier should have been applied which would have resulted in a hit (in our game, it would have been the second hit on the Tiger and knocked it out). However, text that displays rolls, modifiers, results etc says "+0 Close Combat". It never applied the modifier.

Pretty important part of the game. Needs to be fixed a.s.a.p.

:-)
Post #: 1
RE: CLOSE COMBAT +4 - 12/26/2013 3:16:16 AM   
Commish

Okay, quick follow up: did some "tests" just now playing both sides as human. In three of the SoS firefights that I tested, the Close Combat modifier is NOT working. It is NOT counting the +4.

I tested an AtB firefight and it DID add the +4 Close Combat modifier.

Seems as if the bug is only in the SoS firefights, but someone might want to take a look at all of them.

Pretty major error/oversight, and one that needs to be fixed immediately. Makes this outstanding game look bad otherwise . . .

(in reply to Commish)
Post #: 2
RE: CLOSE COMBAT +4 - 1/8/2014 2:52:43 AM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report. It looks like there is a data error in a couple of the XML files. I will review these files as soon as possible.

(in reply to Commish)
Post #: 3
RE: CLOSE COMBAT +4 - 1/22/2014 2:42:49 AM   
Commish

Thanks for the reply! Just an fyi . . . just played (1/21/2014) and it is still not fixed. Understand that you are busy ... just wanted to give you an fyi/reminder!

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> CLOSE COMBAT +4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI