Let's Give This Game More Love!

Ageod’s upcoming strategy game España: 1936 covers the entire Spanish Civil War from 1936-1939. With more than 200 regions, cities, roads, weapons factories, weather types, factions and sub-factions it is one of the few games to ever examine the period.
Moltke71

Let's Give This Game More Love!

Post by Moltke71 »

I knew very little about the conflict before reviewing so I immersed myself in four books. I'd sat the game integrated the primary and social aspects well while keeping a military arc.
Jim Cobb
oldspec4

RE: Let's Give This Game More Love!

Post by oldspec4 »

The game is on my short list for purchase.

I also knew very little about the Spanish civil war prior to watching a youtube series on the conflict.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I bought the game but was unwilling to buy/read the four books [;)]

I'm sure SCW grogs will like the game. And don't forget RUS. The huge drang21 scenario map alone is worth more than $20.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Bismarck -

I read (and would highly recommend) Beevor's "Battle for Spain" and have bought (but not yet read) Hugh Thomas' "The Spanish Civil War"

Played the tutorial scenario and really liked it. The problem is time; I am deeply into a WitP AE campaign, which eats up most of my game time. As a matter of fact, I am blessed with a number of excellent games that remain un - played because of the time commitment required for AE.

AGEOD's Spanish Civil War is a must play; I have a number of their titles, and have not been disappointed. The only reason I have not bought Civil War II is that I would not be able to set it up for the foreseeable future.

I am sincerely grateful for this game and forum; both of which have broadened my understanding of that very important event in history.

Mac

LAV-25 2147
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

I purchased Espana 1936 shortly after release but haven't really looked into it yet except for a few short moments - but this happens with most of the games I buy. What I've seen, impressed me though.

To be honest, the Spanish Civil War is one of many "forgotten conflicts" of the 20th century, but that doesn't mean it is unimportant to remember it.

Creating games is one way to put it back into the light - and to encourage people to learn something about it. I wish there'd be more titles about such conflicts. The AGEOD engine seems to be suited very well for such "small" wars.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

Return to “España: 1936”