Area of airstrikes

Share your best strategy tips with other gamers here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

rfrizz

Area of airstrikes

Post by rfrizz »

I have looked in the manual and searched the forums... no dice.

When you target an airstrike, how far from the center does it extend, and is it a box or a circle?

I see it a somewhat like an arty strike, but with no border, I don't know the size I am attacking. Just as with an arty bombardment, this is important in situations with enemy units concentrated in an area, and/or when friendlies are nearby.
Mahatma

RE: Area of airstrikes

Post by Mahatma »

The HTTR strategy guide has air strikes as a 100m x 100m blast zone that is centered randomly within 50m of the point selected.
Have: Socks. Deodorant. £2 gloves. Mince pies.
Want: Line formation banned until I give a specific order to use line formation. Troops that don't take lie-ins until 0800 unless ordered to never rest.
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

That sounds about right for a pair of bombs, or strafing.

It can disperse more than that though... or at least it feels like it could.

Suppression effect seems a bit more widespread than that too. Mostly morale effect ~ not usually a significant loss of material, though against "tough" elements (morale & training etc, or heavy armour) it can be much easier and less costly than causing the same losses by "engaging the enemy more closely".
rfrizz

Post by rfrizz »

I didn't think it would be that small since an arty battalion generally has a 250m X 250m area, but I have not really given it deep though. Thanks for the answers!
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: rfrizz

I have looked in the manual and searched the forums... no dice.

When you target an airstrike, how far from the center does it extend, and is it a box or a circle?

I see it a somewhat like an arty strike, but with no border, I don't know the size I am attacking. Just as with an arty bombardment, this is important in situations with enemy units concentrated in an area, and/or when friendlies are nearby.

Page 169 of the manual says: "As a general rule each airstrike delivers approx 1000 kilos of bombs and / or rockets. This equates to around 40 medium howitzer rounds. It has an effective bombardment radius of 100m from the point of impact. This can be up to 50m away from the specified target location. So to be safe ensure friendly troops are at least 150m away from the target location!"
Take care,

jim

Return to “The War Room”