XML Question

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

Dr. Foo

XML Question

Post by Dr. Foo »

In XML files it's pretty clear what all the lines mean. But there is one I do not understand:

<standing add="0.1"/>

What does "standing" mean and how does adding or subtracting to it alter the game?
*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
eyegore

RE: XML Question

Post by eyegore »

I believe, but wouldn't write this in stone-it's equal to 10 percent. Browsing the different xmls a scale of 1 to 10 seems the common theme. So 1 is 10 percent, 2 is 20 percent and so on. The word "standing" I would quess is tied to diplomacy. The dev's have stated they want to do a lot of work here, and browsing the beta logs they've added the ability to mod each others scores in this area.

I'm with the beta. It's up to 1.16 right now. if you would like to try it out you need to go into the game's folder and open the updater, where in the upper right is an option for beta. It's reversable by going back and removing it-but the added things thus far have been worth it to me, although the current 1.16 in my last game still suffers from A.I. wildlife not moving, although the beta logs claim that bug is fixed.
However the tweaks regarding city management are very good, A.I. units now destroy improvements and the A.I. seems to be a bit more aggressive. Diplomacy seems still to be almost random---(one moment they want tribute and the next they praise you), so I myself am a bit hesitant in trying to mod in this area.

I'm trying to get models into the game. if that turns out well then adding factions, or even aliens would be something I'd take a shot at. Right now I've just modded the obvious...and even that got real tricky. It's hard with no tools or docs, it's mostly trial and error.

Dr. Foo

Post by Dr. Foo »

OK, great. I don't think I will mess with that line.

I've been modding and having a lot of success. I wanted to see if I could eliminate some units and tech and I cannot seem to do it.

While experimenting I tried to delete Tank1 from the game but the game crashes if the files relating to it are removed or blank.

So I made it cost so much it would be impossible to build or buy but the AI still had the unit. How is this possible? Does the AI ignore unit cost and purchase prices?

Can this be done? Can I mod the game to have only units, tech and refits that I want for me and the AI?

Is it in this line: <score strategy="Fight" add="0.5"/> if I make it add="0.0" will the AI have a 0% probability of building it?
eyegore

Post by eyegore »

The game will crash if you mod a file within the game directory (where you installed it). All modded files need to go:

for win7: c:\\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ProxyStudios\Pandora\Data

Other locations if your using a different OS:

Windows XP:
“C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Proxy Studios\Pandora\”

Mac OS X:
“/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Proxy Studios/Pandora/”

Linux:
“/home/<user>/.config/Proxy Studios/Pandora/”

any file within the Data should be moddable- and any file placed here is used instead of the default in the game directory.

Just a heads up if that was a cause of your crash.

As to your question I would say your on the right path....it would be 0 percent to build. However some things seem hard coded ... again trail and error.

Dr. Foo

Post by Dr. Foo »

Thanks, yeah, I know about the saved folder, but I was doing things that would crash the game no matter where it was saved. [:-]

I put everything back the way it's supposed to be and modded the line of code for the build probability and it appears to have worked. The units I did not want there have not appeared in the game. Still, it does bother me that the AI was able to build and/or purchase units with a cost was so high it could never be able to have the production or credits. That's some cheating AI! If this is true, then you can ruin the AI's economy and it can still rush units. [X(]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”