Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another Strange Naval Reivew Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Another Strange Naval Reivew Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Strange Naval Reivew Bug - 12/18/2013 3:49:05 PM   
Dr. Foo

This is sort of the same as the other bug I found and it seems to relate to using the Navel Review Window.

This might be hard to replicate so if I need to make a video just let me know.

I was using optional rules Queens. During CW setup, I placed two transports in a port. I opened the Naval Review and selected the one of the trans. I chose Swap and a window opened allowing me the swap the trans for the Queen liner. My trans disappeared and the liner never appeared. I tried it with the second trans and it also disappeared. I closed Naval Review and selected a trans in another port normally, chose swap and the liner appeared. The two trans I lost never appeared again and I have no idea where they went.

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*
Post #: 1
RE: Another Strange Naval Reivew Bug - 12/18/2013 6:31:35 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo

This is sort of the same as the other bug I found and it seems to relate to using the Navel Review Window.

This might be hard to replicate so if I need to make a video just let me know.

I was using optional rules Queens. During CW setup, I placed two transports in a port. I opened the Naval Review and selected the one of the trans. I chose Swap and a window opened allowing me the swap the trans for the Queen liner. My trans disappeared and the liner never appeared. I tried it with the second trans and it also disappeared. I closed Naval Review and selected a trans in another port normally, chose swap and the liner appeared. The two trans I lost never appeared again and I have no idea where they went.

Others have reported this problem and I haven't been able to reproduce it. Does it happen when you use the NRD and right click on a TRS to bring up the Unit Menu?

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 2
RE: Another Strange Naval Reivew Bug - 12/18/2013 6:37:26 PM   
Dr. Foo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
Others have reported this problem and I haven't been able to reproduce it. Does it happen when you use the NRD and right click on a TRS to bring up the Unit Menu?

Yes, that's what happened. Right click, unit then swap.

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Another Strange Naval Reivew Bug - 12/19/2013 8:28:42 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Yes, that's what happened. Right click, unit then swap.

I just tried this again and it worked correctly. During Global War setup phase for the Commonwealth, I placed 4 TRS in Plymouth. Using the NRD form I displayed the 4 TRS in Plymouth. I right clicked on the second unit in the list and choose to swap liners. It worked correctly.

---

I'll try one more sequence, where I select the unit and pretend to move it to a different hex. Then while it is "in the moving stack" try swapping it for the Queens.

EDIT: Okay, I was able to get very bad behavior from the program if I first selected the unit before right clicking on it to swap the Queens.

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 12/19/2013 9:31:57 PM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Another Strange Naval Reivew Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI