PANZER CORPS FOR ANDROID?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

RJL5188

PANZER CORPS FOR ANDROID?

Post by RJL5188 »

is there a chance panzer korps could come out for android?
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
IainMcNeil

RE: PANZER CORPS FOR ANDROID?

Post by IainMcNeil »

We don't have any plans right now as the team have a lot of other stuff to do but we are not ruling it out at some future point.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

a little disapointing...80 percent of phones and tablets in the USA run android...but i guess we will wait...
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

There is a reason that dev's prefer iOS over Android. The Android market is scattered in regard to devices, OS versions and shops. Also, iOS users are willing to pay more for apps.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

From games released on both platforms sales are about 10 to 1 iOS to Android so install base doesn't really give the full picture.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Yes, that was true in 2012. Its 2013 about to tick over to 2014 now though...times have changed.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

If they are looking at doing this game as a Tablet only then no times really haven't changed. Android Tablets are still lagging market share for sales pretty significantly, the Nexus and Galaxy lines have put a bit of a dent in it but for Tablets the iPad still dominates.

Where android is really taking over is in the cell phone market but as it seems more of Matrix's games are geared for tablet play specifically and in that case then the iPad makes more sense.

FWIW the Kindle Fire line has actually seen a pretty healthy software attachment rate for apps being purchased, last I looked they were selling more software per user than the Android market and catching up with iOS in terms of sales per user though not yet there. Android is also catching up in sales but again if they are looking at tablets iOS still dominates the tablet sphere.
ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Yes, that was true in 2012. Its 2013 about to tick over to 2014 now though...times have changed.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We see the sales on a daily basis and market share is very deceiving. For whatever reason iPad users are far more likely to spend on games which makes it viable and the Android version far less so. Android versions are also harder to developer because of the massive variety of hardware and screens. So less sales and longer development times means less games.

We do have some Android games coming but generally only when there is a Unity version where Android is very cheap to do.

We constantly monitor this though and it could well change in the near future but right now there are just better opportunities out there and so the time goes on other games or other platforms.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I do hope you change your minds in the future!
mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

Actually I own Panzercorp for the PC, and then just run Splashtop on that machine and the client on my Samsung 10.1 Tab 2. Works great, and no need to buy another copy of the game. There you go, Panzercorp on Android!
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I used to do the same thing on my iPad ! But panzer corps for iPad runs sooo smooth compared to splashtop 2. Also the debate on android tablets... There is only a very small percentage of them with the power to run good quality games. I would imagine the vast majority of those owners paid less than $49.99 for the tablet they own. In other words you get what you pay for.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Rogo I wouldn't go that far. The nexus line sells for $199 and hardware wise is as powerful as anything but the newest line of iPad.I'm also not aware of any well selling $50 tablets, the vast majority of androids tablet market is made of high quality devices Nexus, Asus, and Samsung all largely on par with the iPads.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Yes long live android. I see them running apple and windows out of business [>:]
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

80% of tablets web traffic comes from iPads, 18.7% from Android devices and 1.3% from MS Surface. I don't see Apple running out of business. [;)]
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Yes long live android. I see them running apple and windows out of business [>:]

That's not what I said but you're selling Android tablets short of what they are capable too. For what it's worth I own an iPad and an Android tablet, I like them both for different reasons but hardware and raw horsepower tends to be mid range or higher Android tablets strength. iPads tend to be better optimized but lower spec'd and less powerful, the Air lineup has changed things a bit but Android OEMs likely will respond with something comparable. Up until the Air line the iPad tended to lag in raw horsepower, doesnt mean it's worse it really depends what you're doing, this isn't fanboying but you're wrong if you say Android is mostly under powered cause that's not true unless you're getting ultra low end tablets but the Asus made Nexus 7 had a quad core CPU and more ram than the iPad 4 or iPad Mini for $100-$300 less.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

If there is a market on Android we'll focus more on Android but right now there isn't so we have to wait.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

You can't compare 50$ tabletoids with 400$+ Ipads...If you compare them to same-priced tablets (Samsung Galaxy or so), the Android hardware is at least 30% more powerful - as is a Windows PC vs a Mac of same price.
Now I'm pretty sure that the tablet market will go the same way smartphone market did (with 80% android to <15% Apple), Apple has to create new stuff but can't compete on a mature market (maybe because they have so high a margin !).
Personally I'm 100% Windows+Android ;)
PDF
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Thanks this made me laugh a bit.
ORIGINAL: PDiFolco

You can't compare 50$ tabletoids with 400$+ Ipads...If you compare them to same-priced tablets (Samsung Galaxy or so), the Android hardware is at least 30% more powerful - as is a Windows PC vs a Mac of same price.
Now I'm pretty sure that the tablet market will go the same way smartphone market did (with 80% android to <15% Apple), Apple has to create new stuff but can't compete on a mature market (maybe because they have so high a margin !).
Personally I'm 100% Windows+Android ;)
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Yes there are some android tablets that are powerful. However the market is flooded with cheap no brand names that are being sold at a very low cost. I had an android phone and towards the end I had to reboot it every single day. I've had apple products now going on four years. I've never ever had a single problem with anyone of my products. I don't think its apple vs android like most android users claim but it's simply the market and demand for high end games. Besides window tablets will be the beginning of the end for android tablets.
ORIGINAL: flanyboy
ORIGINAL: rogo727

That's not what I said but you're selling Android tablets short of what they are capable too. For what it's worth I own an iPad and an Android tablet, I like them both for different reasons but hardware and raw horsepower tends to be mid range or higher Android tablets strength. iPads tend to be better optimized but lower spec'd and less powerful, the Air lineup has changed things a bit but Android OEMs likely will respond with something comparable. Up until the Air line the iPad tended to lag in raw horsepower, doesnt mean it's worse it really depends what you're doing, this isn't fanboying but you're wrong if you say Android is mostly under powered cause that's not true unless you're getting ultra low end tablets but the Asus made Nexus 7 had a quad core CPU and more ram than the iPad 4 or iPad Mini for $100-$300 less.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

4 years later. is there a market on Android yet? Fire Tablets will probably run Panzer Corp well and they are $50 these days.
- Mark

Return to “Panzer Corps”