Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario - H Hour

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario - H Hour Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario - H Hour - 12/17/2013 9:36:43 PM   
Gunner98

Attached is another scenario in the 'Northern Fury' battleset I'm trying to build.

It is the first scenario chronologically in the battleset and puts you in the shoes of Commander Allied Forces North Norway (AFNN) with 3-400 Soviet A/C heading towards you. Your 2xF-16As on CAP will need some help

WW 3 is about to start!

Would be very interested in any criticisms, comments or suggestions. Hope to make this one better as we go.

On to the next scenario - something completely different.

BG

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario - H Hour - 12/18/2013 9:21:08 AM   
Tomcat84

Sounds challenging. Might have time to try this one on Friday :)

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario - H Hour - 12/18/2013 10:32:10 AM   
Maromak

Very challenging! I had a quick go earlier today. This will not end well!

One minor error was that Civilian Infrastructure side appears as playable to the Player.

Well done. It's clear you put a lot of time researching the locations of all the units.

Certa Cito

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario - H Hour - 12/18/2013 11:29:18 AM   
Gunner98

Thanks, I started building it in Harpoon 1.0 25 years ago. It's a piece of history that fascinates me for some reason.

I would be surprised if anyone were able to finish without losing 30-35 F-16s, and when your initial layout only has 36 in the AO - a degree of desperation should enter the equation. It is winnable but patience is a virtue. In one run through I had 1xF5 standing between Bardufoss and a flock of Fitters and Floggers, wasn't pretty but as he was going down in flames 2 F-16s took off from Bardufoss with the strike less than a minute out, they were launching Sidewinders at everything they could and were Winchester before another F-5 from Andoya made it into the fight. IIRC there were only about 5 Fitters with dumb bombs left, the base was burning but operational. I knew what was happening and was still bighting my nails!

In addition to being a stand alone scenario, this one should also set the tone for the next 7 scenarios until the tide is turned in NF8 Hold the Line. Finding that balance is getting to be tricky, the battle-set calls for an operational loss, but players will call for a tactical win . The North Cape would not be a fun place to be on day one of WW3 but the scenario tries to put the quality vs. quantity conundrum into play.

Enjoy

Will fix the civilian infrastructure - thanks.

B

(in reply to Maromak)
Post #: 4
RE: New Scenario - H Hour - 12/20/2013 11:56:57 PM   
Tomcat84

Very challenging indeed. So far I've lost a bunch of radars, ships bunkers and two vipers in exchange for 4 Osa IIs, 6 fencers, 3 flankers, 5 fulcrums and 6 floggers.

Two things I noticed about enemy behavior: RTB when Winchester makes them stupid and go home, and a semi easy target if his friends are a bit too far out. Secondly I get the feeling that the alamos aren't being used that far out at all. Are the soviets required to get a vid? Makes life tougher cause it's harder to waste their missiles lol

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: New Scenario - H Hour - 12/21/2013 10:19:09 AM   
Gunner98

Tomcat,
With the RTB setting my thinking was that the Sovs have a numbers advantage and therefore would not need/want to get into too many gun duels. So their tactic would be to dump as many long range missiles as possible and go back to get more. I haven't played around with the RTB when Winchester setting, I'm assuming that when OFF, they would hang around until they are Bingo fuel, would they RTB when the Archers are gone? Or just stay on task with guns only? There is a timing issue at play here as well, I won't give away too much but the Fulcrums need to be back on station at a certain point or things become a bit unbalanced. I should try to play around with this a bit.

The Alamo's are not engaging at max due to the Jamming from the Falcon20 and not allowing them to shoot 'non-hostiles'. When you get west of Banak the Sovs were not getting good target definition, so my guess is the Jamming, this will be countered somewhat with a Fencer F mission at a certain point. I tried the 'engage non hostile targets' setting to 'yes' but that was not good news for the Dash-8's on the evacuation task, and the Sovs seemed to just dump missiles at anything with little effect. So - yes, for the most part until the Fencers get up. There are some support missions with Fencer E, Foxbat D and Cubs on ELINT, but they don't seem able to mark hostile very early, maybe they are too far back, I might be able to adjust that.

If your missile boats are still alive, your either very good at playing them or very early in the game. If they survive you might have some fun with them in that latter stages of the game.

B

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario - H Hour Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI