Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interdiction&land air search&close air support

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Interdiction&land air search&close air support Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interdiction&land air search&close air support - 12/15/2013 12:04:59 PM   
guctony

Has anyone develope a method to copy the result of interdiction. In some theathers "burma, India, Australia, New Zealand" open land and long train lines means an effective interdiction could mean no supply travel and no land movement. I think early Burma attack is a result of lack of interdiction. Also If recon units won't be used systematically hex by hex there is a good chance of suprise. I tried naval search over land area witout any success. İs there a method for surveying large land masses. It seems the locival methot is to create very small land units for large area which is not ideally possible in the game. And close air support which becomes more important for allies in late war period but large close air support should effect combat odds significantly.

It turns out that capitalism requires scarcity to operate

.....even if I have more chances to hit her. What I hit, I wanna hit as hard as possible.
Post #: 1
RE: Interdiction&land air search&close air support - 12/15/2013 8:27:53 PM   
Barb

Interdiction:
Actually there are just two ways of interdiction you can effect - interdiction of Sea lanes of communication, and bombing airfields/ports which also destroys supply :)

Land air search is not really possible, you just have to use enough recon to cover bases and track any units outside them. Tried to split recon squadrons into /A/B/C elements?

Close Air support is active in "Ground Attack" mission - you may kill/disrupt some squads and drive units disruption/fatigue up (these tend to get lowered at the end of the turn so they are not so easily visible) before ground combat took place.

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 2
RE: Interdiction&land air search&close air support - 12/15/2013 8:54:27 PM   
crsutton

Yep, no train busting in AE.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 3
RE: Interdiction&land air search&close air support - 12/16/2013 12:15:11 AM   
guctony

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barb

Interdiction:
Actually there are just two ways of interdiction you can effect - interdiction of Sea lanes of communication, and bombing airfields/ports which also destroys supply :)

Land air search is not really possible, you just have to use enough recon to cover bases and track any units outside them. Tried to split recon squadrons into /A/B/C elements?

Close Air support is active in "Ground Attack" mission - you may kill/disrupt some squads and drive units disruption/fatigue up (these tend to get lowered at the end of the turn so they are not so easily visible) before ground combat took place.

I am bombing airfields ports and units to some effect. But As real life interdiction is a kind of automatical shoot anything moving it is not a something that can be pre planned. Although moving armored units in in plain areas are by the book. Seeing them pop up right next to me is nerving. I always divide the recon units. and use attack planes with photo kits. Still there is no early warning for land units moving in plain areas.

Do you mean that when I attack an enemy stack with both air anl land units there is a cumulative effect.

Thanks for info

.....even if I have more chances to hit her. What I hit, I wanna hit as hard as possible.

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 4
RE: Interdiction&land air search&close air support - 12/16/2013 9:41:13 AM   
Barb

To prevent surprises on the ground, you can simply keep continuous front - maybe with few light/tank units forward to get early warning. Or to track units abandoning their bases ...

Yes I do... everything you do to a ground unit counts - so first goes the Naval bombardment (this could raise disruption rather dramatically), then air attacks (raising it even more), then ground combat (where the disruption has serious impact) and finally replacement/morale/repair phase where the disruption can drop given enough support and HQ support. If not enough support is provided for the unit, its disruption will continue to raise between turns making the unit completely ineffective....

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 5
RE: Interdiction&land air search&close air support - 12/16/2013 11:23:49 AM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

quote:

Interdiction:

I am bombing airfields ports and units to some effect. But As real life interdiction is a kind of automatical shoot anything moving it is not a something that can be pre planned. Although moving armored units in in plain areas are by the book. Seeing them pop up right next to me is nerving. I always divide the recon units. and use attack planes with photo kits. Still there is no early warning for land units moving in plain areas.

Do you mean that when I attack an enemy stack with both air anl land units there is a cumulative effect.

Thanks for info

Recon flyovers will often see units in their path whether they are the target or not. If they do not, and a unit 'disappears' even though in the area of lots of recon planes and other traffic, well, there is another way ...

Simply put a bomber onto ground attack and select areas of the map to strike. See what you find.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 6
RE: Interdiction&land air search&close air support - 12/16/2013 12:20:36 PM   
guctony

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

quote:

Interdiction:

Thanks for info

Recon flyovers will often see units in their path whether they are the target or not. If they do not, and a unit 'disappears' even though in the area of lots of recon planes and other traffic, well, there is another way ...

Simply put a bomber onto ground attack and select areas of the map to strike. See what you find.

Hımm I didnt know that would work. It can be put in effect as a makeshift interdiction solution.

thanks

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Interdiction&land air search&close air support Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI