Wow

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Peltonx

Wow

Post by Peltonx »

43. Fixed first winter combat disruption formula to follow rules as written. This should cause 21%-75% CV loss when attacking (0%-36% when defending, including defensive reserves), instead of 99% common with the old implementation.

This could be a huge deal if I am reading this right.

Probably the cause of a snowball effect vs highly skilled blizzard players.

Basicly Dec in Jan and Jan in Feb.

Bobo, TDV and a few others, if I am reading this right.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
morvael

RE: Wow

Post by morvael »

Yes, as I said the .11 "mild blizzard" was more of a cosmetic change, because in actual combat the Germans still lost, as their units easily went down to 0CV. Higher on-counter CVs had only psychological effect on Soviet players. With this fix the blizzard (both original and mild) will not zero Axis combat power.
Peltonx

RE: Wow

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Yes, as I said the .11 "mild blizzard" was more of a cosmetic change, because in actual combat the Germans still lost, as their units easily went down to 0CV. Higher on-counter CVs had only psychological effect on Soviet players. With this fix the blizzard (both original and mild) will not zero Axis combat power.

This is huge.

December will be bad, but January and February will be more historical.

I love this rule change.

The key being morale as always this really will have an impact on Red 2.0.

Sure you can build it, but its going to take longer to break German lines.

This in effect makes fighting for every inch of ground that much more important for both sides.

Also coupled with #10 this will really have an impact.

These changes make playing GHC defense very doable.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”