Ship Repair Issue

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Coach Zuck

Ship Repair Issue

Post by Coach Zuck »

Playing a scenario and have an important ship that was down to a few system damage points. So I changed in from Yard to Pier-side & Readiness…. that was 3 turns ago and its still showing up in gray on the Active Ships screen. I figured 1 or 2 turns but 3?
Is this normal?

Nami Koshino

RE: Ship Repair Issue

Post by Nami Koshino »

ORIGINAL: Coach Zuck

Is this normal?

If by important ship, you mean big (like a battleship or carrier) than yes, 3 days to exit the yard is normal.

If it's still greyed-out at 4 days than something else is at work.
Rice is a great snack when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something to eat.
Coach Zuck

Post by Coach Zuck »

Oh well I was hoping for 2 days!
Thanks ….but at least its not because the game hates me.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Coach Zuck

Oh well I was hoping for 2 days!
Thanks ….but at least its not because the game hates me.

You gain no benefit by manually moving ships to ready if days to repaired are for Large is <=3, Medium <=2 and small <=1
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

Hi Folks,

Follow up question. If a BB is in the shipyard and says 1 day for repairs is that 1 day for repairs and 3 days for transition? So manually moving the ship doesn't gain you anything but doesn't actually cost anything? (It might free up dock space for another ship.) Or does moving it manually tack on another 3 days that you wouldn't paid if you let the repair manager do the job?

Cheers,
Guy
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: guytipton41

Hi Folks,

Follow up question. If a BB is in the shipyard and says 1 day for repairs is that 1 day for repairs and 3 days for transition? So manually moving the ship doesn't gain you anything but doesn't actually cost anything? (It might free up dock space for another ship.) Or does moving it manually tack on another 3 days that you wouldn't paid if you let the repair manager do the job?

Cheers,
Guy

If you let the repair manager move it there's no delay. If you do it there's a variable delay. I think the assumption is the first is planned and thus smooth. The second is a fire drill for the repair facility and thus not smooth. Seems logical to me.
The Moose
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

If you let the repair manager move it there's no delay. If you do it there's a variable delay. I think the assumption is the first is planned and thus smooth. The second is a fire drill for the repair facility and thus not smooth. Seems logical to me.

Thanx Moose!

Have a Merry Christmas.

Cheers,
Guy
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

Another Followup!

DD down to 1 point of MAJOR engine or float damage and is repairing in a non-repair shipyard port. It seems like it will hangout pierside and unrepaired forevar. Is this just a matter of perception? Will the 1 point of damage eventually be fixed? Will repair manager kick it back into readiness mode automatically?

Cheers,
Guy
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: guytipton41

Another Followup!

DD down to 1 point of MAJOR engine or float damage and is repairing in a non-repair shipyard port. It seems like it will hangout pierside and unrepaired forevar. Is this just a matter of perception? Will the 1 point of damage eventually be fixed? Will repair manager kick it back into readiness mode automatically?

Cheers,
Guy

May I recco you read Alfred's Repair 101?

tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=1&key=ship%2Crepair

The answer to your question is it depends. Large (over size 7) non-shipyard ports can repair major damage in small quantities (up to 5 points) while in Pierside mode. But if the base is not size 7 or larger and the ship is in Pierside mode it will remain there unrepaired with a big 'X' (from memory) in its display until you change the variables. The repair manager won't pull it into Readiness unless you order it.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”