I hope this one makes it

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Hairog

I hope this one makes it

Post by Hairog »

I spent a lot of time modding and working with the developers of Time of Fury. That game came so very close to being a classic but they gave up on it too soon. It was very, very close. I hope this one has all the elements to make it.

1. A strategic level air war that models the true choices of the nations involved including interdiction missions.
2. The only thing that truly scared Winston...a true strategic naval war level with consequences if you ignore the U boats and a naval supply system for both Britain and Japan and their colonies.
3. A tech tree that goes into 1950.
4. Modifiable graphics
5. Easily modifiable scenarios and unit types etc.
6. A good easy, game editor
7. Ability to make some real strategic choices and explore some real "what ifs" like no Vichy, ability to invade Spain, not attack the Soviets too early etc.

A very simplified World in Flames on a larger scale would be perfect.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
AlvaroSousa

RE: I hope this one makes it

Post by AlvaroSousa »

WIF is a board game converted to a PC game. So that's why it is different than ToF. I was on the initial beta testers group for the 1st installment of the game. I can see they took some of my design suggestions within ToF.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Hairog

RE: I hope this one makes it

Post by Hairog »

I agree concerning WIF, but SC3 is a PC game so hopefully they can incorporate some of the things we've learned from other efforts.
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”