[0.7.7] play observations
1. Saved game before a Gemini docking I mission. I had 90%+ on rocket and capsule. Capsule failed. I replayed mission 50 times to see if it would improve. Every mission had capsule failure.
- Saved game on orbit 3 of 6 on Sun probe. Orbit 4 failed. I replayed from save mission 30 times. Orbit 4 failed on each.
- Saved game before a Gemini EVA double mission linkup. I had 90% on rocket and capsule. Replayed mission 50 times and either rocket or capsule failed on 2nd mission.
Coincidence, or are rocket/capsule failures pre-determined?
It appears there are programmed built in failures in rockets/capsules even though design is 90%+ If I saved a game, had a failure, reloaded and skipped a season, there might or might not be a failure. If I replayed the season with the failure, there appeared to always be a failure.
2. It might be good if scientist stats displayed if mouse passed over their cards when looking at scientists assigned to design step.
3. If placement on design row important, you need a method to easily move assigned scientists in row.
4. What is the effect if design positions 1 & 2 are vacant but not 3, should you reassign so there is always a 1?
5. It might be good if assignment name appeared over scientist rather than picture to help determine reassignment. Few remember rocket pictures.
6. It might be useful before choosing a program to know the requirements - # controllers, # astronauts, # seasons
7. Passing a mouse over a building could display the number of controllers, astronauts, designers therein etc.
8. For programs like Mercury it might be useful to know mission(s) necessary for progress to Gemini, etc.
9. Had failure on initial docking mission, but only later realized docking mission used a different rocket that fared poorly at 0% design. Perhaps a warning when assembling rockets that design level is risky.