Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/3/2014 10:07:41 PM   
Michael T

quote:

, I would like to see HQ buildups treated as an option. But we all have our wish list.

All you need do is post for an opponent to play with a HR banning HQ BU.

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to Bozo_the_Clown)
Post #: 271
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/3/2014 10:53:09 PM   
Bozo_the_Clown

quote:

I just don't understand why people get so uptight about optional rules.

Why don't you contact 2x3 and politely ask them to make this change? Seems a waste of time to continuously post the same stuff in this thread. Wouldn't it be a good idea to go directly to the source? I think Flavius stated once that 2:1 is a Gary Grigsby favorite. Maybe 2x3 will at least let you know that this change is never going to happen and we can all move on.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 272
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/3/2014 11:03:20 PM   
Flaviusx

No need to contact anybody, 2by3 is well aware that the rule is controversial. To the best of my knowledge no decision has been made as to whether or not it will be made optional, but the idea is under consideration. Making absolutely no promises here, as they are not mine to make or even Morvael's.

This isn't a no brainer thing to do at this point for a variety of reasons, and I say this as somebody who isn't a fan of the rule. It's a matter of time and resources and focus and diminishing returns from a business standpoint on old code.

This is no longer about Soviet or German fanboys or pride or whatever puerile explanations folks keep coming up with. 2by3 is a business and a small one. They need to move the next product. Ultimately advances made in that next product will themselves be imported onto WITE 2.0 (which will advance the start of the art yet more from wherever WITW winds up.)

There is always going to be something that people want to fiddle with in WITE 1.0 -- it never ends. We've all got our lists, I know I've got mine. But we've got to be realists about this and understand our own long term interests which depend on the success of 2by3.

WitE Alpha Tester

Post #: 273
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/4/2014 12:11:31 AM   
Michael T

Many of the various problems we have had to thrash out have been due to some bug getting fixed or a realism issue being changed that
then throws out the whole balance issue. And the cycle begins again. There have been quite a few points reached in the games life cycle where I have thought it reasonably balanced but then some bug gets fixed and the butterfly effect throws it all out of whack again. I truly hope we can get this rule as an option and then all the tinkering comes to an end. Then I agree with Flav, just play the game. But right now at this point I just wouldn't play as Axis. I am keen to start playing again but not till this issue is resolved.

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 274
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/4/2014 12:41:20 AM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown

quote:

I just don't understand why people get so uptight about optional rules.

Why don't you contact 2x3 and politely ask them to make this change? Seems a waste of time to continuously post the same stuff in this thread. Wouldn't it be a good idea to go directly to the source? I think Flavius stated once that 2:1 is a Gary Grigsby favorite. Maybe 2x3 will at least let you know that this change is never going to happen and we can all move on.

My flying Pigs Campaign was why 1v1=2v1 got nerfed from turns 1-215 to turns 1-35.

Its kinda funny watching the newbies post and not have any idea what was and why it is now.

My ammo bug campaign is why the swapping bugs were found by the 3 amigos.

Being right really sucks at times but is supported by the data and is why some things have been changed.

Flaviusx has it right, but 2by3 has a poor history of being pigheaded vs the data.

Good old boys clubs die hard.

I can not comment on positive things in the future because of little pieces of paper

Paper needs to

< Message edited by Pelton -- 1/4/2014 1:45:08 AM >

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

Post #: 275
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/4/2014 1:30:56 AM   
Bozo_the_Clown

quote:

I can not comment on positive things in the future because of little pieces of paper

Paper needs to

What the heck does that mean? And who are the 3 Amigos?

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 276
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/4/2014 2:06:14 AM   
TulliusDetritus

Pelton, but no matter what you're the most active AAR person here. And you have played lots of games. Goes to show you love (and hate sometimes too ) the game

I have noticed there is an amazing new map

"When the seagulls follow a trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea" -- Eric Cantona, XX century philosopher

Post #: 277
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/4/2014 8:44:38 PM   
Bozo_the_Clown

Maybe saper222 could post a list of his units with highest morale. I would love to see what 14+ counterattacks per turn does to the Soviet army. Also, a screenshot of the OOB would be nice.

< Message edited by Bozo_the_Clown -- 1/5/2014 1:50:51 AM >

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 278
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/7/2014 2:28:02 PM   
Bozo_the_Clown

What happened with this game? Is it still going on? Last screenshot I saw was from T13. Could you please give us an update?

Post #: 279
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/8/2014 9:13:31 AM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown

What happened with this game? Is it still going on? Last screenshot I saw was from T13. Could you please give us an update?

Turn 16 done, basicly 10-20 SHC counter attacks per turn and a few German attacks grinding.

WW 1 on Eastern Front form turn 4 to present in north and center and in south a little movement.

So it will be basicly static after December until some times in 1944.

I will post some SS before and after blizzard.

I have alrdy converted 2 armies to my 100% reserve mode set-ups and am building FZ after FZ.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 1/8/2014 10:14:59 AM >

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

Post #: 280
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/8/2014 2:50:49 PM   
Bozo_the_Clown

quote:

Turn 16 done, basicly 10-20 SHC counter attacks per turn and a few German attacks grinding.

Thanks for the update. How much of your problems in the north were caused by pushing east of Lake Ilmen? This can be a deadly move if SHC is unaware of it but the terrain is horrible. Would you've been better off taking another route to Leningrad? Maybe take the city just before mud or during the snow turns?

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 281
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/8/2014 10:33:32 PM   
jzardos

Will keep this brief because I some upset currently with WitE and Gary (cause he could have done something and didn't). Left WitE years back because I felt WitE had many issue with combat engine and went to great lengths in time to run 1000's of battles to prove it to devs. I was basically ignored. Complained about Russian winter and Axis choices from day 1, nothing done until finnaly somebody and 2by3 woke up and said 'yeah' Russian 1st winter is f'd up. Many fixes since and happy there is a toggle for mild winter now. Just took too long. So I come back to WitE and see the silly 2v1 -> 1v1 rule for Sov is in place still. Is this just serious neglect? Has 2v3 just moved on to WitW and left WitE as bastard step child? Reading this AAR is infuriating to say the least. The ability of the Sov army to perform the level here are in 41 is just ridiculous. If David Glantz or any other well published author on east front read this AAR they might have a heart-attack. I loved this game when it came out. Played for a while, but when certain bugs and bad mechanics started to show their ugly head, I had to stop or lose my mine. Pelton must be some sort of masochist, to continue to endure play the GHC over and over again. My thought is if 2by3 (Gary) has not made changes to the 2:1 -> 1:1 rules by now, even these AARs will not sway them to do it. I understand they are busy, not don't excuse them for at least adding a checkbox to toggle the rule as a game option as they did for 41-42 winter. Ok, need to chill and focus more on what is great about WitE. There still is plenty.

Post #: 282
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 1/9/2014 4:44:41 AM   
SigUp

quote:

ORIGINAL: jzardos

Is this just serious neglect? Has 2v3 just moved on to WitW and left WitE as bastard step child?

Have you missed the many changes morvael has done and continues to make? It is very well possible that we'll get this optionality for the +1 odds ruling in addition to lots of other fixes. After that +1 odds rule is optionalized pretty everything that could be done for WITE is done. So no, WITE is not left as a bastard step child.

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 283
RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 - 2/1/2014 3:52:48 AM   
Harrybanana

I haven't been around in a while but just checked in to read some AARs. This was the one that caught my eye as I have locked horns with Saper a couple times myself. Is this one still ongoing? Also is it a pbem or server game?

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 284
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Pelton vs Sapper 1.07.11 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI