Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ stacking limits- Video Tutorial 6 0:58:35 ff

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Kathi51!

Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ stacking limits- Video Tutorial 6 0:58:35 ff

Post by Kathi51! »

Dear All,

watching the very nicely done video tutorial 6, I stumbled across something I found rather puzzling.

Steve is just explaining the summary of unit/ hex under the cursor in the main form and moves to a german 4 stack hex.

Then we see ( and Steve tells us too ) LAtt 7, LDef 14 which does not really make sense to me ( there´s a 6 strength inf as top counter ). What kind of units could the 6 strength unit be stacked with to run up to these factors.

Furthermore the display seems to indicate no air factors. So how could the hex stack 4 units?

What might I be missing?

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance!

Der Tod des Vergil
Zorachus99

RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ stacking limits- Video Tutorial 6 0:58:35 ff

Post by Zorachus99 »

You are doubled in Swamp and Mountain hexes for example.

Mountain units are tripled in defense in mountain hexes.
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
Kathi51!

RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ stacking limits- Video Tutorial 6 0:58:35 ff

Post by Kathi51! »

Hi Zorachus,

thanks!

Sadly enough - no swamps or mountains in Belgium. It´s a clear hex.

That won´t do the trick. Furthermore there´s the stacking thing.

Best regards
Der Tod des Vergil
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Kathi51!

Dear All,

watching the very nicely done video tutorial 6, I stumbled across something I found rather puzzling.

Steve is just explaining the summary of unit/ hex under the cursor in the main form and moves to a german 4 stack hex.

Then we see ( and Steve tells us too ) LAtt 7, LDef 14 which does not really make sense to me ( there´s a 6 strength inf as top counter ). What kind of units could the 6 strength unit be stacked with to run up to these factors.

Furthermore the display seems to indicate no air factors. So how could the hex stack 4 units?

What might I be missing?

Can anybody help?

Thank´s in advance!

Are the potential attackers across a river?
Paul
Kathi51!

Post by Kathi51! »

Hi Paul,

I´d have to look, but across a river would be attacker halved - not the other way around - I guess.

And the stacking thing doesn´t make sense any way you look at it. I just closed the tutorial, but I recall Steve explicitly saying " the hex contains 4 units " and something in the way of - no air units.

A puzzle...

Best regards
Der Tod des Vergil
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Dear All,

What might I be missing?

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance!

warspite1

Where (what time) does this appear in the tutorial - I'd like to take a look, see if I can help. What is it that makes you think there are no aircraft in the stack?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Good point on the river, my bad. OK how about anti-tank or AA units that are doubled against potential Armor/Mech units? (C'mon I'm dyin' here - throw me a bone! [:)])

Of maybe the Tutorial was done back when there was some kind of a bug in the game that since has been eradicated. Some of them were done quite awhile ago.
Paul
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

there is a port in that hex ..

maybe a captured convoy

and one of the land units in the hex is disrupted, so 7 attack/14 defence
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Kathi51!

Post by Kathi51! »

Hi Warspite,

I put it in the header but now I see that it´s not fully displayed.

It´s 0:58:35 ff.

Best regards
Der Tod des Vergil
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Hi Warspite,

I put it in the header but now I see that it´s not fully displayed.

It´s 0:58:35 ff.

Best regards
warspite1

Well that's clear! No aircraft and no ships.... paulderynck maybe right that this was done sometime ago and was not bug free when recorded. Or could it be a fort?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

Post by Orm »

I think Michael got it. A disorganized land unit is certain. Then it might be a disorganized naval or air unit.

Something like in this picture.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (314.67 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Kathi51!

Post by Kathi51! »

Hi Paul,

I tried to work on the AA/ AT assumption too. Math doesn´t work out. Furthermore - as far as I can see - we are not in the land attack phase. It´s general information about the hex ( I would think so - at least ).

Maybe a bug, maybe long gone... - but I am very careful here, after all the "bug reports" - a bug ... a bug ... - which turned out to be - oops didn´t quite have the rules present.

Going through MWIF I´ve stumbled across at least a dozen items ( some not small ) that I didn´t "get" in 20 years of wiffing - and I should have, knowing some guys who really know their way around the game.

Best regards
Der Tod des Vergil
Kathi51!

Post by Kathi51! »

Hi Michael (and Orm),

that makes sense - thanks!

No bug and I have not gone mad.

What a day!

Cheers

Der Tod des Vergil
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

just ask me .. Mwif expert [:D]

I work hard, not smart.

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Kathi51!

Post by Kathi51! »

I´ll take you up on that...

And mind you - there will be a lot of questions.

Setting up the hardware on monday...

But jokes aside - from all I see to this point - it´s a beauty isn´t it!!!

Der Tod des Vergil
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

you just PM me with questions ..

I work hard, not smart.

Return to “World in Flames”