Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/6/2013 5:53:44 PM   
wodin

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Looks great. Not sure how the game will play at the lower scale the Stalingrad scenario is in. Still keep it up mate!

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/6/2013 7:42:51 PM   
CapHillrat

Hi Wodin! Thanks for posting this. The Italian scenario is done and can be found here:

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/2013/12/command-ops-piercing-gothic-line.html

I will have the Operation Hubertus- Stalingrad scenario done by Christmas!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/6/2013 8:27:24 PM   
navwarcol

Very cool!

(in reply to CapHillrat)
Post #: 3
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/6/2013 8:31:51 PM   
aaatoysandmore

for which game is it for?

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 4
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/6/2013 9:03:00 PM   
wodin

You do all the work mate;)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapHillrat

Hi Wodin! Thanks for posting this. The Italian scenario is done and can be found here:

http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/2013/12/command-ops-piercing-gothic-line.html

I will have the Operation Hubertus- Stalingrad scenario done by Christmas!

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to CapHillrat)
Post #: 5
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/8/2013 1:25:34 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

Very nice work Capt Hillrat - I've been keeping tabs on your progress (I'm one of your blog subscribers ).

My only advice is that you should really try to plot the maps using the bitmap underlay functionality. Recently it became apparent that the MapMaker manual isn't very clear with respect to where bitmaps should be placed. The folder where the underlays need to be in order to be loaded by MapMaker is "MapScans", not "Map Scans" nor "MapScan".

< Message edited by Bletchley_Geek -- 12/8/2013 2:28:14 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/8/2013 2:14:20 PM   
CapHillrat

Hi Bletchley! Thank you for your feedback and for subscribing to my blog! I will definitely try that. I've liked drawing them free-hand but I know the tradeoff is some accuracy and a professional look. After the Hubertus scenario, I've got another scenario I want to do in Stalingrad (initial entry into city by forward German elements) and then I plan on switching gears. Will try the bitmap next!

Feedback is much appreciated.

Chris

(in reply to Bletchley_Geek)
Post #: 7
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/8/2013 11:41:30 PM   
Bletchley_Geek

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapHillrat

Hi Bletchley! Thank you for your feedback and for subscribing to my blog! I will definitely try that. I've liked drawing them free-hand but I know the tradeoff is some accuracy and a professional look. After the Hubertus scenario, I've got another scenario I want to do in Stalingrad (initial entry into city by forward German elements) and then I plan on switching gears. Will try the bitmap next!

Feedback is much appreciated.

Sure.

One thing you want to look into is into the different terrain types hit and visibility effects - it can make all the difference to get the feeling of urban combat right. I'd also advise to overwrite map layers, and model especifically rubble and city streets. Now you should be able to export map layer effects into a spreadsheet so you can easily review and edit them. Just remember that after importing a map effect spreadsheet, you'll need to recalculate the map terrain tables.

Another thing you'll probably also want to review after the final patch is out are the ratings of your units (experience, etc.). We've been making a number of changes which should make the impact of those ratings more apparent in units' battlefield performance.

Thank you for the scenarios - I haven't been able to play them - yet - but I look forward to do so.

< Message edited by Bletchley_Geek -- 12/9/2013 12:43:32 AM >

(in reply to CapHillrat)
Post #: 8
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/9/2013 4:13:41 AM   
CapHillrat

Hi Bletchley I will look into this. I have already modified the Broken layer into a layer called "Debris Fields" you can see them on the Stalingrad map but I plan on adding in more and I didn't fool around with the effects themselves.

I hope you do get to play the scenarios and any/all feedback is welcome.

Chris

(in reply to Bletchley_Geek)
Post #: 9
RE: Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. - 12/9/2013 1:25:49 PM   
Peter Fisla

This is the #1 reason why I bought Command Ops, Stalingrad!!!! Wodin you made my day! :D

(in reply to CapHillrat)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Italian and Stalingrad scenario in the works. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI