Panzer Corps gets a Greenlight

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Philkian

Panzer Corps gets a Greenlight

Post by Philkian »

Thousands of votes were collected over a period of nine months and finally the community has achieved its goal: Panzer Corps will soon be available on Steam.

With the imminent release of the iPad version, the highly praised strategy gaming franchise gets an extra boost of popularity and exposure that will expand and strengthen the community, with both wargamers and occasional strategy gamers.

First and foremost a big thank you to our very active community”, said Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine Group. “We know that Steam is a very important distribution platform and many players were very vocal in pushing this to happen. We are excited by this great new commercial opportunity and we look forward to the launch of Panzer Corps and the other great titles we have lined up for a Steam release”.

Developed by Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio, Panzer Corps was launched by Slitherine in July 2011 and since then has sky rocketed to the top of the charts in this genre. It sparked a new interest in this niche area of the market and has attracted a wealth of player, old and new, to wargaming. The Panzer Corps franchise now includes, a main game, ten downloadable content scenario packs covering the entire war in a linked Grand Campaign and two stand alone add-ons: Afrika Korps covering the North African campaign and Allied Corps, released in June this year.

Panzer Corps will be the first game from the Slitherine Group to be released through the Steam distribution channel, but three others are already in preparation and are due to land on the platform soon.

Both Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio are very proud of being Greenlit on Steam”, said Tim van der Moer, Managing Director of The Lordz Games Studio.“The Panzer Corps games are truly community built, organic and evolving projects. We work closely with both Slitherine and the community to keep improving the series as a whole”.

No further information has been disclosed on release timings and content of the release.
demyansk

RE: Panzer Corps gets a Greenlight

Post by demyansk »

What does this mean as far as previous owners of the game and using the Steam application which I like?
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Well our wish would that current owners of PzC get a Steam key, so than can decide what they prefer, but we have to figure this all out with Steam, now we concentrate on getting the whole series to iPad before X-mas.
Fintilgin

Post by Fintilgin »

Fantastic news! Assuming Afrika and Allied and the Mega campaign show up as well I'll definitely pick them up immediately off Steam. Hell, if old owners don't get Steam keys I might just buy it again to support you guys moving in this direction.

I really hope it does well and more Matrix titles move onto Steam. I hope (and fervently believe) higher exposure and more aggressive pricing will be a success for everyone and a boost to the hobby as a whole! :)

EDIT: I got into wargaming by seeing Clash of Steel reviewed in mainstream (!) Computer Gaming World back in the 90s. I think there's lots of 'new blood' out there you guys can bring in through Steam.

Return to “Panzer Corps”