Ship build with a ship

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Kizucha

Ship build with a ship

Post by Kizucha »

Hi everyone.[:)]

I get a little question. I play actual as an pirat and played with the idea, that i can build a capital/mothership with an construction yard. In that way i can in emergency run away from angry empires.[:D] With gas extractors and mining equipment, then hide in some lonely systems and build ships to raid in the near systems.

The idea behind this, if the enemy's know where your construction bases are, they can effectivly destroy you with a few hard attacks. And hiding is the main ability for pirates. Except those pirates who like to burn everything to ground.[;)]

So my question is, is it somehow possible to build such a ship? I have tried it with an capital ship but it seems to not can build any ships. Doing anything wrong or is it not possible?[:(]
tjhkkr

RE: Ship build with a ship

Post by tjhkkr »

Construction ships should give you some ability to do that... but limited to available resources.
In any scenario where I am playing hide-and-seek with the local heavy Empire, the time to build your alternates is BEFORE you need them.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Kizucha

Post by Kizucha »

I know i have to prepare it befor i need it. ^^ And it's time for that. I'm good at finance but i have no planet's and i dont get one because i like to look how far i come without a planet. I have an ship, how i sayd, with a construction yard but i dont can build with it, the option is greyd out.

Is this because it have not enough resources? And if so i think i have no direct way to "get" the resources or im wrong?

The biggest problem in addition is that with the very limited ship size, with sayd capital ship at the start its hard to create a little hiding ship bulding ship with the 300 ship size.[:)]
Plant

Post by Plant »

You can mine the resources, but you'll have to mine the resources required to produce ships. You will need Mining Engine and Cargo Bay.
That would be the only way to transfer resources onto your "mothership" as freighters will not recognise it as a place to deposit resources.

If you build other Mining Engine with Cargobay state ships, I don't think you can tell them to deposit it onto the "mothership". I think the option only allows for nearest port, which your ship shouldn't count as, but you should try it out instead of asking.

Kizucha

Post by Kizucha »

Yes i know freighters dont transfer to bases and ships in "unusual" places.[:)]

I asked because i tried all i know.^^ For example i dont know about a manual transfer with state ships, tomorrow i trie it this way if i find the buttons to do that.[;)]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”