Scenario booklet?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

wolf14455

Scenario booklet?

Post by wolf14455 »

I know it been mentioned somewhere but now when I started playing Barbarossa I thought to read any tips in there, but now I cant find any. Not in my three books and any net search I have draw blank. Maybee it was a physical booklet that I didnt get, I dont know. Antone can tell me?
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
AxelNL

RE: Scenario booklet?

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: Swedewolf

I know it been mentioned somewhere but now when I started playing Barbarossa I thought to read any tips in there, but now I cant find any. Not in my three books and any net search I have draw blank. Maybee it was a physical booklet that I didnt get, I dont know. Antone can tell me?

First volume first half, after the intro's are chapters with advice
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Ok, thanx. I actually been reading vol 1. since I recieved my game. And when I wanted to check the scenario booklet I just check the two I havent toughed yet.
Can I ask you a question about the Barbarossa setup save? Several armour is stacked with other armour and several mech is stacked with other mech units. As I understood what I read so far is that overuns is only possible when Armour is moved in a stack with Mot or Mech unit. And as the save is done at the start of axis turn you stuck with that setup. Ofcource I will do my own setup when I learnt the game a litte better.
cheers
SwedeWolf

Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

You also need 7-1 odds or higher [:D]. You are unlikely to get that anywhere on the front on the first turn [:(]

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

One 1-4 div is setup alone south of Brest-litovsk, probably for this reason to learn how overun works. My guess ofcource :o)
SwedeWolf

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You can overrun as long as you have the 7-1 odds (1D10) and the moving stack contains units that would allow the attacker to call the Blitz table against whatever is in the hex and the hex is non-city clear or desert and the weather is Fine.

FREX an 8-6 armor, 9-4 Inf and 4-2 artillery can overrun a 3-5 mech.
Paul
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Ok, maybee I should read more thorow hehe, thanx for clearing that out.
cheers[:D]
SwedeWolf

Return to “World in Flames”