Good game but needs polish

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

Symple

Good game but needs polish

Post by Symple »

I have enjoyed multiplayer play in this game, but there are problems with supply and other logistical and mechanical issues.
I hope this can be dealt with in a way to make the game meet its potential. Nice mechanics, but not yet finished in design.
Nimrod 9th

RE: Good game but needs polish

Post by Nimrod 9th »

Agree! Excellent mechanics but has the feel the developer/programer gave up on the game one or two patches too early. Been doing some PBEM with a couple guys and we're having major issues with convoys. In our current game, I'm Britain and Allied Minors. We're in late 1941 and I haven't had a convoy sent to North Africa since 1939 even though I've had naval units in all the sea zones between Britain and Egypt. I've invaded Germany and captured Hamburg and again, no convoy. In an earlier game Germany invaded Norway and couldn't get any convoys going there even though they had captured Oslo. Convoys set to auto. Haven't tried it set on manual. Haven't had the problem with non-PBEM games. Also noticing strange behavior in air units.
Wolfe1759

RE: Good game but needs polish

Post by Wolfe1759 »

ORIGINAL: Nimrod 9th
Agree! Excellent mechanics but has the feel the developer/programer gave up on the game one or two patches too early.

Agree! Unfortunately the developers have given up one or two patches too early on all the games they have released to date. Strategic War in Europe was supposed to have been a free quick play campaign released with a patch that never occured for their previous game Time of Fury.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”