Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Battle Button Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Random Battle Button Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Battle Button Issue - 12/3/2013 1:55:40 AM   
TinyAngryMan

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with the random battle button. Every time I've tried to click it, it closes the game and returns me to the desktop. Has anyone experience this? If so, is there a solution? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Random Battle Button Issue - 12/4/2013 12:01:05 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: TinyAngryMan

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with the random battle button. Every time I've tried to click it, it closes the game and returns me to the desktop. Has anyone experience this? If so, is there a solution? Thanks.

Let me do some checking. One possibility might have to do with how html apps are being handled.

I'll followup and post here.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to TinyAngryMan)
Post #: 2
RE: Random Battle Button Issue - 12/4/2013 12:54:04 AM   
Rick

In the Panzer Command folder, you should be able to find the file shown below:

PzCRBg.hta

You can try double clicking on that file and see if the Random Battle generator will start. Also, try right clicking on the file and looking at the file properties. It should say that the file type is an HTML application and that it opens with "Microsoft (R) HTML Application host". If it doesn't say that it opens with HTML application host, you can try setting it to open with "Microsoft (R) HTML Application host" and see if that solves your problem.

Thanks
Rick

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Random Battle Button Issue - 12/4/2013 1:41:58 AM   
TinyAngryMan

Rick,

Thanks! I will try it out right now. I have my fingers crossed!....Well, you hit the problem right on. Now I just have to find in my computer Microsoft HTML Application host to open the file. Thanks again.

< Message edited by TinyAngryMan -- 12/4/2013 2:50:47 AM >

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 4
RE: Random Battle Button Issue - 12/4/2013 5:28:58 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: TinyAngryMan

Rick,

Thanks! I will try it out right now. I have my fingers crossed!....Well, you hit the problem right on. Now I just have to find in my computer Microsoft HTML Application host to open the file. Thanks again.

Good to hear, let us know how it turns out.

Also, there were a couple of mods that that affected Random Battles, but looking at the forum threads, I don't seem them now. I'll find them and upload them to the forum.

EDIT: I've uploaded three mods to the Mod folder here. Two of them affect Random Battles and should be installed if you are playing any random battles. The third may be needed if you are creating any maps using the Map Maker part of the game.

Thanks
Rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 12/5/2013 12:40:57 AM >

(in reply to TinyAngryMan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Random Battle Button Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI