Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What does friendliness effect?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> What does friendliness effect? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What does friendliness effect? - 11/27/2013 8:05:40 PM   
hardcoregamer

In the race descriptions, the races have different friendliness ratings.

What does this affect exactly? Is it a modifier for actual relationship number? Or does it make them more likely to accept diplomatic deals?
Post #: 1
RE: What does friendliness effect? - 11/28/2013 1:39:45 PM   
Plant

I remember reading somewhere that it affects the likelyhood of accepting diplomatic deals. I've noticed for instance that the haakonish seem to require more positive relations than other races, before they would accept a trade deal with you. I don't have any hard facts unfortunately.

(in reply to hardcoregamer)
Post #: 2
RE: What does friendliness effect? - 11/28/2013 4:13:29 PM   
Shark7

Friendliness does affect diplomacy, as well as how easily a species will assimilate into your society. Also, independents that are very friendly can be colonized into your empire rather than conquered into it.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 3
RE: What does friendliness effect? - 11/28/2013 4:34:28 PM   
hardcoregamer

Ah, that makes sense.

Its clever to make it so that unfriendly races don't intergrate as well into the empire. How does this work though? Do unfriendly races just get a plain negative modifier to assimulation?

Also, does this mean that some races simply cannot be assumlated and pretty much just have to be exterminated? And will the AI dislike you if you exterminate races that have a poor repuation? Or does the same apply to exterminating and enslaving as does with bombing and planet destroying in that other races won't care if the race in question is hated?

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
RE: What does friendliness effect? - 11/28/2013 7:17:53 PM   
Shark7

They can all be assimilated eventually, however, a very unfriendly species will take longer to assimilate, and will be more likely to rebel. There are several factors that are considered during assimilation.

< Message edited by Shark7 -- 11/28/2013 8:18:35 PM >

Distant Worlds Fan

Post #: 5
RE: What does friendliness effect? - 11/28/2013 8:04:11 PM   
hardcoregamer

Ok.

I have another question about relations. What is the highest and lowest possible relation a race can have with you?

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 6
RE: What does friendliness effect? - 11/29/2013 1:16:27 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: hardcoregamer

Ok.

I have another question about relations. What is the highest and lowest possible relation a race can have with you?

Don't know if there is an actual cap, I've had relations ranging from -230 to +220 in a single game.

Distant Worlds Fan

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> What does friendliness effect? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI