Crossing ferries bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

skarp

Crossing ferries bug

Post by skarp »

Hi

In a game I've had several units trying to cross 2 different ferries for over 48 hours. Orders get issued (shortest route). Routes get determined but then they sit at the crossing wasting energy until they get completely fatigued and give up.

Anyone else seen this, I wasn't expecting it as I've seen enemy units cross in retreat in a jiffy!
BletchleyGeek

RE: Crossing ferries bug

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: skarp

Hi

In a game I've had several units trying to cross 2 different ferries for over 48 hours. Orders get issued (shortest route). Routes get determined but then they sit at the crossing wasting energy until they get completely fatigued and give up.

Anyone else seen this, I wasn't expecting it as I've seen enemy units cross in retreat in a jiffy!

Hi Skarp,

can you post a saved game right after you issue those orders so we can take a look at it?
skarp

Post by skarp »

Thanks for the response. It's a network game so I'm not sure I can. Maybe I'll try setting up a test scenario.
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: skarp

Thanks for the response. It's a network game so I'm not sure I can. Maybe I'll try setting up a test scenario.

Thank you skarp and good to hear somebody is using the multiplayer. Note also that you can run two instances of CmdOps running on the same machine and have the two of them to play in a "hotseat" fashion. You just need to remember that the game host IP will be that of the localhost, 127.0.0.1.
skarp

Post by skarp »

Sorry for the wait in relying Bletchley_Geek - I didn't mean a local networked game though the hot-seat tip is interesting thanks.
skarp

Post by skarp »

OK so I've got round to building a test scenario. I'm experiencing the same problem as before. 3 companies still unable to cross the ferries after 36 hours. Here's a dropbox link to the saved game currently as the screenshot below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/067z6y195fk6b ... cross1.cog

and a link to the scenario as created
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7yxshc66l582 ... 20test.cos

Thanks for any help [:)]

Attachments
ferrycross.jpg
ferrycross.jpg (673.67 KiB) Viewed 73 times
skarp

Post by skarp »

ten days later still not crossed

Attachments