Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to taxes affect private ships?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How to taxes affect private ships? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to taxes affect private ships? - 11/26/2013 1:23:04 PM   
hardcoregamer

I know that high taxes slow population growth, but how does it affect the actual private sector ships them self's? Does the private AI actually produce fewer ships if taxes are too high?
Post #: 1
RE: How to taxes affect private ships? - 11/26/2013 3:38:48 PM   
zenkmander

That's a good question and I imagine that you're right. It would make sense for them to buy less ships if their cashflow is relatively low (low to them might still seem like a lot to us though, in my experience). Similarly I'm guessing that if you design the private sector's ships/bases yourself and make them too expensive, the same thing will happen. This isn't something I tested myself so I can't say for sure, but I hope that's what happens

(in reply to hardcoregamer)
Post #: 2
RE: How to taxes affect private ships? - 11/26/2013 4:30:11 PM   
Plant

They don't seem to be affected by taxes directly. They seem mostly affected by private Cash on hand.

(in reply to zenkmander)
Post #: 3
RE: How to taxes affect private ships? - 11/26/2013 5:47:06 PM   
hardcoregamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plant

They don't seem to be affected by taxes directly. They seem mostly affected by private Cash on hand.

And doesn't their private cash reduce when taxes are high?

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 4
RE: How to taxes affect private ships? - 11/27/2013 1:38:23 PM   
Jeeves

The private sector buys 7 small, 5 medium, 3 large freighters, 1.5 passenger ships per colony once you have a few dozen colonies. They stop buying mining and gas mining ships once you have 40 of them. If your civilians don't have cash on hand to purchase freighters then your designs are way too expensive, or your taxes are far too high...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Post #: 5
RE: How to taxes affect private ships? - 11/27/2013 7:24:19 PM   
Plant

quote:

ORIGINAL: hardcoregamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plant

And doesn't their private cash reduce when taxes are high?

Yes...hence why the word directly was included in the sentences, as opposed to not included.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How to taxes affect private ships? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI