Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement".

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". - 11/24/2013 4:26:45 PM   
Charly G

The option Foot Unit Cautious Movement is on. I've a problem with it.

When my Infantry Squad Unit makes a normal move into a hex that lacks a defense bonus, it doesn't work. It doesn't add 1 to the AP cost for each move. I push the Control key before move and the number of points given is good for the move action (For example 7-->5), but after the move, the number of points left is wrong (7-->6), there is no the AP cost of 1 for the Foot Unit Cautious Movement.

Anyone has this problem ? Is it a bug ?

< Message edited by Charly G -- 11/24/2013 6:33:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". - 11/25/2013 8:18:06 AM   
PKH

I've noticed this also. I'm not sure if the defense loss for moving regularly is there and just not displayed. It should be shown imo, and the defense bonus from terrain should be shown on the unit as well I think.
Related to this, one of the 'tips' is wrong and says one should use control to add units to groups.

(in reply to Charly G)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". - 11/25/2013 10:46:25 AM   
Charly G

Defense modifiers from terrain are shown only during a fight in the game report at the bottom of your screen.

It's Shift+ left click on unit to add to group. Control is normally used for a Foot Unit Cautious Movement.

My problem in game is I can use free Foot Unit Cautious Movement. With only 1 AP, I can move in the next clear terrain hex. Rules say 2 AP are normally necessary.

< Message edited by Charly G -- 11/25/2013 12:11:31 PM >

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". - 11/25/2013 11:06:10 AM   
PKH

Yes, I understood that. I can't move with cautious movement unless I have 2 points, but it only subtracts 1.

I think it would be nice to display the effective defense values with the unit info, like what is done with damage effects.

I'm aware that shift is used to add to groups. One of the 'tips' is wrong though and says it's control to add.

(in reply to Charly G)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". - 11/25/2013 2:53:47 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report. It does seem there is a bug with the deducted cost of cautious movement. I may have broken this when adding the airplane movement rules. I'll also fix the tooltip.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". - 11/25/2013 3:43:00 PM   
ericbabe

The "to hit" number and percentage do seem to take foot cautious movement into account in my testing. I have a Soviet Maxim with a +3 attack targeting a German LMG with a front-defense of 12. When the LMG moves cautiously the game tells me I need a 9 to hit it, but when the LMG moves recklessly the game tells me I need an 8 (+3 strength + 1 attacking cautious = +4 and 8 + 4 = 12) to hit the unit. Are you seeing some case where these numbers are not calculated properly?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". - 11/25/2013 4:05:59 PM   
Charly G

I agree with you, the "to hit" number and percentage seem to take Foot Cautious Movement into account. The problem is only with the deducted cost of Cautious Movement.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Problem with "Foot Unit Cautious Movement". Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI