Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How does the cashflow system works?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: How does the cashflow system works? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How does the cashflow system works? - 12/3/2013 3:21:07 PM   
Plant

"I gave all the correct relevant links, I did not 'bluff' my way out of anything" -Darkspire

Your links are irelevent, as I have repeatedly said, so much so that now you don't even bother to counter that claim.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 31
RE: How does the cashflow system works? - 12/3/2013 3:31:55 PM   
Plant

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania
Choosing not to define a widely used acronym is a great way to reveal the other parties level of understanding.

quote:

As for the acronym, the YouTube video linked previously says it all if you still think the term GFC is uncommon when talking economics.

quote:

LOL

Watch this

If time constrained start at the 30 second mark

Wondered if you bothered to watch the video yourself, or did a Darkspire and decided to bluff your way out and dig a deeper hole.

Ok, so I went ahead and watched it at the 30 second mark.
Transcript at 30 seconds:

Person A: Ok, Ivan, your special subject tonight is the GFC, the Global Financial Crisis.
Person B: Is that what that stands for?
Person A: What did you think it stood for?
Person B: GFC, I got no idea, it's not in my stockbroker's vocab.
Person A: No, it's global financial crisis. You sure you want this to be your special subject?
person B: Yes, I know this subject, I lived through it.

LOL I couldn't have put it better myself.

Icemania response: That pretty summarises Plant logic at it's best. It's a Parody! Person B is Plant ... and yes every time I watch it I burst out laughing ...

Icemania's logic at it's best. Not only does he twice asks that I watch his link, even to the extent of recommending a time, that very time of the video itself completely disapproves himself.

His responce? "Person B is Plant"...

So let me get this straight. You made up an acronym. Didn't bother to define it so it had to be asked, so we could continue the conversation. Then said that "Choosing not to define a widely used acronym is a great way to reveal the other parties level of understanding". Posted you tube link twice. In the link itself, the men themselves acknowledge that gfc is a made up acronym.

Your response...is to ignore that altogether. Go dig yourself a deeper hole.

< Message edited by Plant -- 12/3/2013 4:34:31 PM >

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 32
RE: How does the cashflow system works? - 12/3/2013 3:35:57 PM   
Plant

quote:

many of us would be happy to assist with planning ideas, if you can be more specific about the approach you are currently taking.

quote:

I am quite happy that it makes people who cannot handle uncertainty squirm.

But unfortunately it's quite clear that one of those people is not you.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 33
RE: How does the cashflow system works? - 12/3/2013 4:26:45 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plant

"I gave all the correct relevant links, I did not 'bluff' my way out of anything" -Darkspire

Your links are irelevent, as I have repeatedly said, so much so that now you don't even bother to counter that claim.

I thought I just did in my previous post? I know your knowledge is somewhat lacking but for things to come up on YouTube and Google they need to have tags associated with them, hence the YouTube search yielded two adverts and a relevant video on the subject of GFC, therefore no one made the term up on the spot, it is an acronym that has been about for at least six years. I shall reply no more as you seem to be on a mission of your own vocation and have no idea how to have a structured discussion like normal folk.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 34
RE: How does the cashflow system works? - 12/3/2013 8:43:23 PM   
Icemania

Plant, it did not even occur to me that you would not know the term GFC, which is why I did not define it. I then defined the term GFC in the very next post. That was many posts ago.

At that point, if you had the self-awareness to acknowledge there were concepts others understood that you did not, it would have been prudent to do some of your own research, or ask questions to understand how the term GFC is relevant to the conversation at hand i.e. an example showing that tax revenue has an unpredictable element.

Instead you are sticking to this strange proposition that I "made up" the term GFC. Again, the video is a Parody. Person B ... the person claiming to be an expert on the GFC ... yet failing to even understand the definition ... is the joke in that video. This video here in Australia was pitched at and used with a prime-time audience for mainstream amusement. Various GFC references and articles have been provided. All you are doing is reinforcing your own ignorance.

In a further effort to convince you, I've posted a link to an article discussing the impact on tax revenue (and there are many others that are easily found) and you have still failed to acknowledge the point.

As for a desire to help Novalitz, yes that is genuine. I'm happy to participate in a structured discussion. I am also happy to allow those that are critical of a game that has some uncertainty, and who do not have a desire to comprehend what others have written and learn, like you Plant ... squirm.

At this point I finally realise that I am feeding a Troll, which I probably should have realised earlier. I'm signing out.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 12/3/2013 9:56:38 PM >

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 35
RE: How does the cashflow system works? - 12/4/2013 9:36:45 PM   
Plant

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

I thought I just did in my previous post? I know your knowledge is somewhat lacking but for things to come up on YouTube and Google they need to have tags associated with them, hence the YouTube search yielded two adverts and a relevant video on the subject of GFC, therefore no one made the term up on the spot, it is an acronym that has been about for at least six years. I shall reply no more as you seem to be on a mission of your own vocation and have no idea how to have a structured discussion like normal folk.

Darkspire

Indeed, your hypocrisy is astounding. A link that is irrelevent, yet you insist it is so. But I suppose a coordinated leave with Icemania must put your mind at ease.

quote:

Plant, it did not even occur to me that you would not know the term GFC, which is why I did not define it. I then defined the term GFC in the very next post. That was many posts ago.
As with your earlier claims to humble motives, they are completely contradicted by your earlier comments;
quote:

Choosing not to define a widely used acronym is a great way to reveal the other parties level of understanding.

A question that needs to be asked, is who here attempted to answer Novalisk's question. That would be Jekmander, Jeeves and myself. You however came here with your condescending ticket. Of course when I try to engage you in discussion, you can only say that "I've already quoted you and made the flaws in your logic clear". When challenged to put together 2 quotes from myself, you cannot do so, and attempt to change the subject back to "gfc". And then when challenged, you ask, "why are we discussing this?"

You have gone from using that you tube video as proof that it is a widely used acronym to using said video as proof of my ignorance of the nuances of Australian Television pop culture. Ok...

quote:

At this point I finally realise that I am feeding a Troll, which I probably should have realised earlier. I'm signing out.
Yes, I have demonstrably shown your deceitful and insincere posts, therefore I must be a troll. Amazing.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: How does the cashflow system works? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI