Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Repair costs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support >> Repair costs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Repair costs - 11/22/2013 12:27:24 AM   
toddtreadway

I don't see anything in the rules about repair costs. They seem to change, but I can't see any rhyme or reason for it.

For example:

I had a strength 8 Austrian army. I hovered the mouse over it (in repair mode), and it said it would cost 4 PP to repair the two points. I then moved the unit one hex (not anywhere near an enemy unit, no terrain change, no supply change) and the cost changed to 3 PP to repair the two points.

What is the rule on the cost to repair units? The only one I could see was on page 62 of the rulebook, which describes the limits on the number of points to be repaired.
Post #: 1
RE: Repair costs - 7/31/2014 6:37:12 PM   
toddtreadway

This seems to still be a bug.

I just had an Aust-Hun infantry unit. Strength was 9. I saved the game to test this out.

Repair BEFORE move cost 3 to repair the one point.

Repair AFTER move cost 2 to repair the one point.

Is this being addressed in a patch?

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 2
RE: Repair costs - 7/31/2014 7:28:45 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

This seems to still be a bug.

I just had an Aust-Hun infantry unit. Strength was 9. I saved the game to test this out.

Repair BEFORE move cost 3 to repair the one point.

Repair AFTER move cost 2 to repair the one point.

Is this being addressed in a patch?

Noticed something similar to this with cruisers in port. If a cruiser has not moved from previous turn in a port, the repair cost for 1 strength on the cruiser is 6 PPs, however, if I move that same cruiser to another port (present turn), that same strength point, now only costs 4 PPs, which I thought was a little weird.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 3
RE: Repair costs - 7/31/2014 8:46:12 PM   
Lord Zimoa

We have moved any gameplay related updates into one big patch we want to start in Beta next week or week afterwards, at least after the patch releasing today/tomorrow that is fixing some irritating bugs like AI loops, hangs etc... those had absolute priority.

This gameplay patch has been in the pipeline for quite a while now, but because of the Steam and iPad releases, stability risk and PBEM crossplatform vulnerability, we opted to do it after iPad and Steam were released and as expected would give some other priority bugs to fix, that we dealt with last week.

We also have to make sure all platforms remain on the same version or PBEM will crash, so testing is slower as we have to double check everything.

So almost time for a bigger round of re-balancing and fixing some gameplay bugs we have on our lists, Kirk is preparing a big gameplay patch.

To be continued...

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 7/31/2014 9:51:06 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support >> Repair costs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI