Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Andrew Loveridge

Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello all,

If you have Awakening the Bear you can buy CoH: Storms of Steel for $10(US) off. To get the discount just enter your Awakening the Bear Serial Number into the Coupon Code Field of your Order, and click Recalculate.

Thank you for your continued support of Conflict of Heroes, Western Civilization Software, Slitherine and Matrix Games.

If you purchased ATB on Slitherine, we would request you buy Storms of Steel through their store.

Best Regards,
Andrew
tgb

RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners

Post by tgb »

$10 OFF? You mean you are actually going to charge Awakening the Bear owners $29.99 for an expansion????
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Lol, what did you want Free? [8|]It's based on a board game. And yes hobbies are expensive.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
tgb

Post by tgb »

I didn't expect it to sell for the same price as the base game. $10-$15 is reasonable. This is TWICE the price of Ghost Divisions. Outrageous.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

This is a standalone game, not just an expansion. You don't need the first Conflict of heroes to play this one, it can be bought and played without having the first game. It seems fair to to charge the same price as the first game in the series. And I actually think giving current owners of CoH a coupon for $10 was a nice touch.

just my opinion.

Thanks
Rick
tgb

Post by tgb »

I agree that $40 for a standalone version is reasonable. But for owners of the original, $30 for DLC is not, particularly when the previous expansion is only $15. And I don't want to hear a lot of hoo-hah about content. Paradox regularly releases DLC for their game with just as much content, and those are $10.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Stand alone game, its a good price and even better with the coupon.
You can always wait until next year or so and get it 1/2 off. Or better yet try to find a copy of the board game that's out of print if you really want to cry about a price.

Lets see Paradox do a board game conversion...
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: Dorb

You can always wait until next year or so and get it 1/2 off. Or better yet try to find a copy of the board game that's out of print if you really want to cry about a price.

Europa Universalis was originally a board game. And what does the fact that it's a board game conversion have to do with pricing anyway? There was a PC version of Talisman released not long ago, and that was $15.
Igbe

Post by Igbe »

Hey MG guys I cannot apply 2 coupon codes and I need you to resolve this. I am trying to apply my original game key for 10 off it works but then when I go to apply a gift card it removes the 10 discount. How can I both use my coupon and a gift card?
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Igbe

Hey MG guys I cannot apply 2 coupon codes and I need you to resolve this. I am trying to apply my original game key for 10 off it works but then when I go to apply a gift card it removes the 10 discount. How can I both use my coupon and a gift card?

i had the same experience - the $10 coupon then applying a gift card wouldnt work.

After reading more on the gift card, it looks like the system only allows one 'giftcard' or coupon to be applied. I imagine this also means if I had two giftcards, I wouldn't be able to combine them. That might be problematic for me this Christmas, as i wouldn't be surprised to get more than one giftcard.

Thanks
Rick
Igbe

Post by Igbe »

ORIGINAL: Rick

i had the same experience - the $10 coupon then applying a gift card wouldnt work.

After reading more on the gift card, it looks like the system only allows one 'giftcard' or coupon to be applied. I imagine this also means if I had two giftcards, I wouldn't be able to combine them. That might be problematic for me this Christmas, as i wouldn't be surprised to get more than one giftcard.

Thanks
Rick

I am in the same boat as I already have multiple gift cards.

Seems like the store front needs a modern upgrade. Again MG is keeping a developer from getting paid because I see no reason to spend real money when I should be able to apply my coupon and gift card.

Get this fixed guys so I can purchase.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

ORIGINAL: tgb

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Europa Universalis was originally a board game. And what does the fact that it's a board game conversion have to do with pricing anyway? There was a PC version of Talisman released not long ago, and that was $15.

Maybe it's a supply and demand thing then. No one cares about the other two these days.[;)]
tgb

Post by tgb »

Right. Because the EU series is so unsuccessful. [&:]
tgb

Post by tgb »

Ghost Divisions sells for $15, contains two campaigns made up of 10 new scenarios, so you are paying $1.50 each. Storms of Steel contains 15 new scenarios, plus the original game. So for $30 you get a bunch of stuff you already have, and 15 scenarios at $2 each. I still say it's a crummy deal for people who own the base game. Matrix is forcing you to repurchase what you already own.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

I agree it's a terrible deal. The never of them, I'll wait a year or two when it's 1/2 off and buy. Maybe then they will stop porting their board games over and leave this to die. Just maybe then, they will go out of business and you and I can go into business and do it better and get filthy rich from others who enjoy this hobby of ours and take their disposable income for games. [:D]

Serious, sorry to ruffle feathers with ya. we are all gamers and have different views on our hobby. I am glad they have brought this to the PC and support it. I know how hard it is to find local players to play board games with, let alone "War" Board games. Call me old school, but I work 9 hours a day for the last 26 years and have no problem with supporting folks that make something that allows me to chill out and enjoy my down time along with a couple of cold ones. Cheers.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi tgb,
$10 OFF? You mean you are actually going to charge Awakening the Bear owners $29.99 for an expansion????

We decided to allow it to install as an expansion if you already have Awakening the Bear, but it is its own stand-alone game. This is the second full release in the board game series, a full game in its own right like ATB. Ghost Divisions was a DLC release that we created, which was not converted from a board game release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I didn't expect it to sell for the same price as the base game. $10-$15 is reasonable. This is TWICE the price of Ghost Divisions. Outrageous.

Not when you consider that it contains tons of new units as well as new terrain and scenarios. This is the second board game in the series adapted to the computer. It took a good deal more work than Ghost Divisions so is priced appropriately. The discount for ATB customers is a nod to the series nature of these releases, but Storms of Steel is its own release and a new player can start with Storms of Steel without buying Awakening the Bear.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Igbe,

This is unfortunately a limitation of the store at present. To my knowledge it does not allow two gift/coupon codes on one order unfortunately. My apologies, we would like to allow this as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Rick

That's true, though you can use one per order, so if you are ordering multiple games and you order them one at a time, each one can have a gift code applied.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ghost Divisions sells for $15, contains two campaigns made up of 10 new scenarios, so you are paying $1.50 each. Storms of Steel contains 15 new scenarios, plus the original game. So for $30 you get a bunch of stuff you already have, and 15 scenarios at $2 each. I still say it's a crummy deal for people who own the base game. Matrix is forcing you to repurchase what you already own.

No, Storms of Steel moves the series forward a couple of years to Kursk and adds all the new units and improvements from the Storms of Steel board game. Ghost Divisions added IIRC 1 new unit and 1 new feature (the campaigns) which is why it was a DLC and this is a full release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”