Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing 5th Edition

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Playing 5th Edition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing 5th Edition - 11/19/2013 1:47:27 PM   
GFelz

I appreciate all the optional rules that have been developed since I last played the board game (5th Ed) however I was wondering, what was the list of optional rules that 5th Ed had?

I do not have MWiF yet but when I do I would like to start with what I remember. I remember not using all the options. Just a few. Divisions I think was one and Siberians another.

Later we added PiF which did had some flavour and more options.

Does anyone have the rule book from 5th Ed that they could list what the options were?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Playing 5th Edition - 11/19/2013 2:33:56 PM   
Dabrion

I think 5th ed was never printed. Rules where RAW2 + a bunch of Annuals back then. I guestimate you know PiF, SiF, AsA/AfA..

Anyways, I don't know of a comprehensive listing of the evolution of optional rules alone. There is this website from Patrice covering the evolution of WiF components/rules:
https://sites.google.com/site/frenchwifpage/home/world-in-flames-5th-edition/wif-rules
https://sites.google.com/site/frenchwifpage/home/world-in-flames-final-edition/rules-erratas

Here is a spreadsheet we use to vote optionals. Has quick explanations for the non obvious ones. It is not MWiF specific:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asys6JSesqzOdGFvR2hSMjJSTGlLb1BJa19vQ2FqUGc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

(in reply to GFelz)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing 5th Edition - 11/19/2013 5:30:19 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: GFelz

I appreciate all the optional rules that have been developed since I last played the board game (5th Ed) however I was wondering, what was the list of optional rules that 5th Ed had?

I do not have MWiF yet but when I do I would like to start with what I remember. I remember not using all the options. Just a few. Divisions I think was one and Siberians another.

Later we added PiF which did had some flavour and more options.

Does anyone have the rule book from 5th Ed that they could list what the options were?

Thanks.

Perhaps the simplest solution would be for you to read about each optional rule and see if you remember it. After all, even if it were in the 5th edition, if you can't remember the optional rule, does it matter? Something about trees and forest is probably relevant here.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to GFelz)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing 5th Edition - 11/20/2013 2:17:17 PM   
GFelz

LOL good point Steve! Thanks for the links Dabrion.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Playing 5th Edition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI