Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's production?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's production? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's production? - 11/15/2013 6:39:21 PM   
Joseignacio

Don't want to report this as a bug yet, but even though I am now using MWIF with two screens, and now it's rare that I have problems with the display, I simply cannot see the units I just received and I need to deploy.

Somebody has been able already to do it?

Although I am using the larger monitor and have the map in it, when I check the preferences, I see this.

As you can see (downstairs), it would look like I am not using as the main screen the larger one, maybe this is the cause. Definitely, I need to read all the tutorials. I promise to end soon, in the meantime:

Have you people been able to deploy the 1st turn production?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 11/15/2013 7:45:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's product... - 11/15/2013 6:46:17 PM   
Centuur

Ts the set up tray of the reinforcements not visible? If that's your question, try minimizing the detailed map on the other monitor. It's quite possible that you'll find the tray has dissappeared under that one...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 11/15/2013 7:48:21 PM >

Peter

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 2
RE: Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's product... - 11/15/2013 6:50:37 PM   
Joseignacio

Ok, i will read the rest of the info this weekend, I was waiting for the tutorials and only a couple of days ago I have been able to see the videos because of a problem with my Media Player , in the meantime I had games running...

NO, what I find is I cannot see the units I need to deploy, I guess it may be related to configuring the screens, but I am not sure...

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 11/15/2013 7:51:09 PM >

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's product... - 11/15/2013 7:07:02 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

Ok, i will read the rest of the info this weekend, I was waiting for the tutorials and only a couple of days ago I have been able to see the videos because of a problem with my Media Player , in the meantime I had games running...

NO, what I find is I cannot see the units I need to deploy, I guess it may be related to configuring the screens, but I am not sure...

When you are using two monitors of different sizes, the Main form should be on the larger monitor. I have on my to-do list to enable the Main form to be on any/either monitor and the game still making all the forms visible. Currently, some forms may be positioned 'off-screen' when the Main form is on the smaller monitor.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 4
RE: Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's product... - 11/15/2013 7:35:18 PM   
Joseignacio

Thanks, Steve, I had already read that, but thx anyway.

I just read twice both the 8.6 and the help of the layout screen and I must say I don't quite understant the use.

I am sending the Main map, which I hope is the main form, to the larger screen, and hold all the other forms in the smaller one along with skype, explorer, ..., I only bring the main map to the small one to make screen copies to upload questions like this ...

However, I haven't undesrstood wether I need to do something to tell the computer that the other screen (not the laptop's) but the bigger one, is the Main Screen. And to explain the computer the size of that screen which is 1920 x 1080, while the computer's (the small one) is 1366 x 768.

I send the bigger map to the 1920 x 1080 screen and resize it. Does the program automatically asume this is the bigger (right?) screen?

Then, if a form has never came up, like the production deploy, at the interphase of the 1st turn, how can I know it's not hidden somewhere if the program doesn't know the sizes of the screens? For example it may think both screens are 1920 x 1080 and a form may be out of view.

I hope I have been able to make myself undertood, the technical matters aren't a strong point for me.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 11/15/2013 8:36:03 PM >

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's product... - 11/15/2013 7:50:16 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Thanks, Steve, I had already read that, but thx anyway.

I just read twice both the 8.6 and the help of the layout screen and I must say I don't quite understant the use.

I am sending the Main map, which I hope is the main form, to the larger screen, and hold all the other forms in the smaller one along with skype, explorer, ..., I only bring the main map to the small one to make screen copies to upload questions like this ...

However, I haven't undesrstood wether I need to do something to tell the computer that the other screen (not the laptop's) but the bigger one, is the Main Screen. And to explain the computer the size of that screen which is 1920 x 1080, while the computer's (the small one) is 1366 x 768.

I send the bigger map to the 1920 x 1080 screen and resize it. Does the program automatically asume this is the bigger (right?) screen?

Then, if a form has never came up, like the production deploy, at the interphase of the 1st turn, how can I know it's not hidden somewhere if the program doesn't know the sizes of the screens? For example it may think both screens are 1920 x 1080 and a form may be out of view.

I hope I have been able to make myself undertood, the technical matters aren't a strong point for me.

Bring up the Players Interface using the drop down menu on the Main form. At the bottom, it displays how MWIF 'views' your monitors. Which one is primary and their sizes. That should help you understand what the program is working with.

Steve

Post #: 6
RE: Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's product... - 11/15/2013 8:25:07 PM   
Joseignacio

Thanks, Steve. Didn't know very well how to do this: "Bring up the Players Interface using the drop down menu on the Main form", maybe it's my english or maybe my computer literacy, I was not sure what was the main form, although I guessed it was the big map one, could have looked it up in the tutorials, but anyway, supposing a drop down menú is a menú that drops down (usually wirh a left-click), I tried this in the most relevant forms and I didn't get anything that looked to me like a "Players Interface".

The good news is that, playing with the right button out of the map I saw the Screen Resolution option in a menú. So, I saw an option with a radio button called "convert this screen in the main screen". I clicked on it an suddenly the hidden form appeared.

I suspected there was sth else to do, ..., I hope this can help others not very computer literated, like me.

Edit: (sigh) Just to leave a clue in case somebody does the same... After the German deploy of reinforcements, the game gets frozen, I cannot interact with the map, the menú, et al. Going to rest and start with this again after learning a Little bit more, I am getting maniatic about bugs and it can perfectly be my lack of knowledge...

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 11/15/2013 9:51:55 PM >

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 7
RE: Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's product... - 11/15/2013 11:03:30 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Thanks, Steve. Didn't know very well how to do this: "Bring up the Players Interface using the drop down menu on the Main form", maybe it's my english or maybe my computer literacy, I was not sure what was the main form, although I guessed it was the big map one, could have looked it up in the tutorials, but anyway, supposing a drop down menú is a menú that drops down (usually wirh a left-click), I tried this in the most relevant forms and I didn't get anything that looked to me like a "Players Interface".

The good news is that, playing with the right button out of the map I saw the Screen Resolution option in a menú. So, I saw an option with a radio button called "convert this screen in the main screen". I clicked on it an suddenly the hidden form appeared.

I suspected there was sth else to do, ..., I hope this can help others not very computer literated, like me.

Edit: (sigh) Just to leave a clue in case somebody does the same... After the German deploy of reinforcements, the game gets frozen, I cannot interact with the map, the menú, et al. Going to rest and start with this again after learning a Little bit more, I am getting maniatic about bugs and it can perfectly be my lack of knowledge...

Main Form: see section 8.3.2 in volume 1 of the Players Manual.
Players Interface: sec section 8.3.5 of volume 1.

Steve

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Somebody has been able to deploy the turn's production? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI