AI

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Bartec

AI

Post by Bartec »

hi,
where to write ai skripts for reinforcements? if they enter game, they have default ai settings.
where is the skript wiki for coh?

regards
ericbabe

RE: AI

Post by ericbabe »

We didn't write a script wiki for COH since it seemed there were never enough people who seemed interested in tinkering with the AI when creating new firefights. AI scripts can be bound to reinforcements in the reinforcement editor using a pull-down menu there so that reinforcements don't have to use the default script.
MacMarkus

Post by MacMarkus »

Hi ericbabe,

I (still) would be interested in a documentation for the ai scripting...

No chance to see same pages somewhen? (doesn't have to be a real wiki) [:'(]

Markus
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

+1

I would be very interested in tinkering with the AI.
I support the right to arm bears!
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

+2
Gizuria

Post by Gizuria »

We didn't write a script wiki for COH since it seemed there were never enough people who seemed interested in tinkering with the AI when creating new firefights

You're in a bit of a Catch 22 situation here.[:D] Perhaps folks are not tinkering with the AI because of the lack of info available. I know I'd have knocked out a a couple of missions by now had this info had been available ;)
smittyohio90

Post by smittyohio90 »

The documentation on the editor in general is way insufficient. Not a great way to encourage lots of user created scenarios. And the lack of any responses from matrix and western civ is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Will there be a script wiki for COH?[&o]

I can't promise I will make scenarios for public consumption, but I sure would like to tinker with the AI.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Put in a script system like Spartan has and I'll tinker with the aii. I made one of the best ai's in a game even better with that ai build script. The way they had good units producing so low in the list was making the ai produce too many non-elite infantry units. Plus research was set too low. I pushed these up to the top and I had an ai that I nearly couldn't deal with. It pushed me out of crete and even out of athens onto some lil island just SE of it. This playing on hardest or impossible levels. But yeah if you can make a script system like Spartan I can work with that it's nothing more than moving things up and down the list and chancing some numbers around when to react to things.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

We didn't write a script wiki for COH since it seemed there were never enough people who seemed interested in tinkering with the AI when creating new firefights. AI scripts can be bound to reinforcements in the reinforcement editor using a pull-down menu there so that reinforcements don't have to use the default script.

Can you provide an answer? - will there be additional documentation provided for scripting?
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE07950

Can you provide an answer? - will there be additional documentation provided for scripting?

Anybody home??????????????
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Anybody home??????????????

I'm very sorry to hear that the developer is ill. Hope he recovers quickly. When he does, will there be any additional documentation for editing?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Thank you for the kind wishes. I'll try to put together some documentation for the AI scripting soon if you guys are still keen on playing around with it.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Thank you for the response. I am still very interested in experimenting with AI scripting.

Hope you are feeling better.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Thank you for the kind wishes. I'll try to put together some documentation for the AI scripting soon if you guys are still keen on playing around with it.

Ericbabe:

Any time frame when we may see the documentation?

Thanks.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Ericbabe:

Thanks.

Any information????????????????????
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Ericbabe:

Thanks.

Any information????????????????????

I've got a really bad feeling regarding the future of this engine.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Join the group. Feel the same.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I've got a really bad feeling regarding the future of this engine.

You would hope they have would have enough consideration to answer questions in a timely fashion. After all we did buy the game.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I never could get into this game. It reminds me too much of HPS or Tiller's EAGLE STRIKE game.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”