Face to Face?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Toby42

Face to Face?

Post by Toby42 »

What's the difference between choosing a Solitaire Game over a Face to Face Game. If you choose Face to Face and play both sides, isn't that the same as a Solitaire Game?

Also, is being unable to load a saved game an isolated problem, or wide spread?

Thanks
Tony
Centuur

RE: Face to Face?

Post by Centuur »

You mean a hot seat game?
Hot seat states clearly who has to sit behind the machine (and the other player better not look over my shoulder to see my neutrality pact or US entry markers, which should stay hidden to the other side! No Sir! I'm the US and I decide when I will DoW you and you don't know how long it will take to do so Mr. Hitler...).
Peter
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Treale

What's the difference between choosing a Solitaire Game over a Face to Face Game. If you choose Face to Face and play both sides, isn't that the same as a Solitaire Game?

Thanks
Good question but my feelings are face to face is another word for hotseat, two players sitting face to face playing the game in turns, but what do I know. [&:]

Bo
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: bo

Thanks
Good question but my feelings are face to face is another word for hotseat, two players sitting face to face playing the game in turns, but what do I know. [&:]

Bo

So what's different between hot seat and solitaire? You still could play both sides if you wanted?
Tony
bo

Post by bo »

Thanks

Bo

So what's different between hot seat and solitaire? You still could play both sides if you wanted?
Tony I believe it is the wording, solitaire means exactly what it says, or you could substitute the word solo for solitaire, hot seat has always meant to me that two players are sitting at one computer playing each other. No biggie just wording.

Bo
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Bo

Tony I believe it is the wording, solitaire means exactly what it says, or you could substitute the word solo for solitaire, hot seat has always meant to me that two players are sitting at one computer playing each other. No biggie just wording.

Bo

So the rules are the same either way?
Tony
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Apart from the fact that in solitair you know US entry and the neutrality markers of the enemy side and in hot seat you don't, the rules are the same...
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Thanks
The only gauge we have for that is how many posts (here or in Technical Support where they belong) have mentioned it and were not solved by FREX checking if the extension 'GAM' is "owned" by another application.

So far, I think there's one.

Paul
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Apart from the fact that in solitair you know US entry and the neutrality markers of the enemy side and in hot seat you don't, the rules are the same...

So it would be more challenging to play solitaire in a "Hot Seat" set-up?
Tony
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Thanks
About being unable to load a saved game, can you provide more details? For example:
1 - the name of the saved game,
2 - whether you just started the program and immediately tried to load the saved game,
3 - whether you were running a game and then tried to restore a saved game,
4 - what error message you saw.

The better place to post this is in the Tech Support forum. If you've done that, then that would be a better place to answer my 4 questions above.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Thanks
The only gauge we have for that is how many posts (here or in Technical Support where they belong) have mentioned it and were not solved by FREX checking if the extension 'GAM' is "owned" by another application.

One is not a biggie, except to the "One" who has the problem....
Tony
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

So it would be more challenging to play solitaire in a "Hot Seat" set-up?
No. Equal. Because you'd see the stuff only your opponent is supposed to see. Hot Seat is there to prevent the other guy from seeing the few items that would qualify under "fog of war" in the game.
Paul
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Thanks

Agreed. But that wasn't what you asked about. There was no intention to minimize that poster's issue.
Paul
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Thanks for all the good answers. You all have just cost me a hundred dollars!
Tony
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Agreed. But that wasn't what you asked about. There was no intention to minimize that poster's issue.

I don't think that you were minimizing his issue. My fault for asking a two part question. I should have placed the second part in the Technical Support Forum...I was just concerned about not being able to load a saved game...

Thanks for your help. I appreciate Steve and all of the Beta testers spending their time on the game and now on the forum helping out[&o]
Tony

Return to “World in Flames”