Return to base after caping for airsupply

Please post only issues involving NetPlay here. All other issues should go in the main Tech Support sub-forum.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jesperpehrson

Return to base after caping for airsupply

Post by jesperpehrson »

The game does not offer the opportunity to return to base after a cap. When the game continues to the supplyface it crashes as you get the offer to kill the fighter hovering over the cap:ed hex.
PBEMgames played
- Korea 50-51 MV as communist
- Agonia y Victoria xx as Republican
- Plan Blau OV as Soviet
- The great war xx as Central Powers
- DNO XX as Soviet
FreddaH

RE: Return to base after caping for airsupply

Post by FreddaH »

Further, in the Ground Strike phase, there was no way to select aircraft for CAP. The above happened during the Air Supply phase.

Other bugs: During Land Movement, units would spontaneously revert to disorganized status after having moved them and clicked "undo". The game also forgot which units where disorganized after a land combat, variously disorganizing the wrong units, or no units at all.

The game, as it is right now, is unplayable. Please fix this ASAP.

The greatest mistake man ever made was to believe in his own divinity
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: FreddaH

Further, in the Ground Strike phase, there was no way to select aircraft for CAP. The above happened during the Air Supply phase.

Other bugs: During Land Movement, units would spontaneously revert to disorganized status after having moved them and clicked "undo". The game also forgot which units where disorganized after a land combat, variously disorganizing the wrong units, or no units at all.

Do you have the historical videos on? Other players have reported that that has been having some very strange effects.

There is a Disable Phases item in the Command drop down menu of the Main form. Please check to see if any of the CAP or other phases have been disabled for any of the major powers.

Another possibility is that you are expecting to always be able to fly CAP - which is true in the board game. I thought that was too gamey so MWIF only lets a major power fly CAP to a hex that is threatened by the enemy. If for a given major power there are no fighters capable of reaching a threatened hex (or if no hexes are threatened), then the CAP subphase is skipped.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
jesperpehrson

Post by jesperpehrson »

Freddaho diverted the issue from the original question. Would you care to adress that too Steve?
PBEMgames played
- Korea 50-51 MV as communist
- Agonia y Victoria xx as Republican
- Plan Blau OV as Soviet
- The great war xx as Central Powers
- DNO XX as Soviet
FreddaH

Post by FreddaH »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
Do you have the historical videos on? Other players have reported that that has been having some very strange effects.

There is a Disable Phases item in the Command drop down menu of the Main form. Please check to see if any of the CAP or other phases have been disabled for any of the major powers.

We both turned off videos, so it shouldn't be that.
Another possibility is that you are expecting to always be able to fly CAP - which is true in the board game. I thought that was too gamey so MWIF only lets a major power fly CAP to a hex that is threatened by the enemy. If for a given major power there are no fighters capable of reaching a threatened hex (or if no hexes are threatened), then the CAP subphase is skipped.

The CAP phase wasn't skipped. I just wasn't able to fly CAP on the hex in question, which was definitely threatened, as an enemy TAC was able to bomb it in the same phase. It should be noted that the FTR I wanted to select to CAP was listed in the list of available fighters for CAP. It was just that clicking it did nothing.

But as capitan said, there is also the issue of not being able to return to base after CAPing, and that crashing the game.
Shannon V. OKeets

We both turned off videos
, so it shouldn't be that.

The CAP phase wasn't skipped. I just wasn't able to fly CAP on the hex in question, which was definitely threatened, as an enemy TAC was able to bomb it in the same phase. It should be noted that the FTR I wanted to select to CAP was listed in the list of available fighters for CAP. It was just that clicking it did nothing.

But as capitan said, there is also the issue of not being able to return to base after CAPing, and that crashing the game.
So this was a NetPlay game?

What scenario? What impulse? What phase?

If the fighter belongs to a surprised country, then it will not be able to fly CAP because of the rules on DOW Surprise.
Steve

Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: capitan

Freddaho diverted the issue from the original question. Would you care to adress that too Steve?
I need more details in order to recreate this.

If it is from a Solitaire game, it should be easy to recreate. But if it is from NetPlay I need to be careful that I recreate the same conditions on both computers.
Steve

FreddaH

Post by FreddaH »

So this was a NetPlay game?

What scenario? What impulse? What phase?

Yes, NetPlay. Barbarossa, Turn 1, impulse 3 (IIRC). The "unable to CAP" issue was in the Ground Strike phase. The "No chance to return CAP to base" issue was in Air Supply phase. The "land units are getting disorganized at random" issue was in the movement phase.

I have since played some solitaire (Barbarossa, turn 2), and I still have land units getting disorganized at random. It seems to be tied to use of the "undo" option. Sometimes the unit reverts to it's original position, but is disrupted.
If the fighter belongs to a surprised country, then it will not be able to fly CAP because of the rules on DOW Surprise.

I realize that. I was Germany when I couldn't CAP. It was the third (or so) impulse of Barbarossa. Surprise was not an issue.

I've also discovered another issue. Solitaire play, Turn 2 of Barbarossa, Declare Ground Attacks phase. One unit was unable to be un-committed to an attack. The "undo" button was greyed out for one unit only in a stack of three.

Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Nothing of the marked in bold happened to me. not saying you lie, but maybe a scenario issue or a comm problem if you are using netplay?

I know i am not helping but I wanted to comment because for me, out of NetPlay it's playable.

Return to “NetPlay Tech Support”