Problem With User Scenario - Fixable?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dereck

Problem With User Scenario - Fixable?

Post by dereck »

I have a scenario I modded and have been playing now for 2 years.

I originally was going to have everything on the regimental level but was informed how later things would have to be on the divisional level so when I have been getting my 3 regiment divisions I have been combining them when I can.

However, my problem is that when I worked on this scenario I made Marine and Army commanders to command Small Ground Units and not Large Ground Units and never remembered to reset them before I started playing so now when I combine them I'm not getting any available commanders.

I've been playing this one game now for 2 years and have only got into July 1942, which is the longest I've been able to since I first purchased WITP:AE when it originally came out.

I really don't want to have to restart this game (again) - is there ANY way to adjust the leaders so they can command Large Ground Units? I've already made the changes in my scenario database but I am not sure if there is a way to make them take affect or if I am hosed (again with this game)?

Thanks
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
Symon

RE: Problem With User Scenario - Fixable?

Post by Symon »

If you have a mod then some things will update/add without too many issues.

Redo your Leader file and make some MGENs and LGENs into Type=2 (Lg Gr Unit) - however you want. Drop it into your game and you should be good to go. I am assuming you are facile with WitploadAE, csv files, and scen/data updating/sequencing.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”