Favorite Scenarios

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

hfarrish

Favorite Scenarios

Post by hfarrish »

Have been playing both sides on "Liberation of Leningrad" against the AI and have been really enjoying it - are there any other scenarios, whether original, DtoD or LB that people particularly favor, especially against the AI?
swkuh

RE: Favorite Scenarios

Post by swkuh »

Campaign "43 gives a "Citadel" scenario, a missing scenario choice. So played for initial set-up only. Unfortunately, Soviets necessarily must defend for some time, so outcomes requires measuring losses vs. territory. Still, Citadel has been a "favorite" for some time across several game engines. WitE is good, challenging vehicle for this one.

"Stalingrad to Berlin" is also great, but so far haven't played as much as would like.

Gizuria

Post by Gizuria »

ORIGINAL: hfarrish

Have been playing both sides on "Liberation of Leningrad" against the AI and have been really enjoying it - are there any other scenarios, whether original, DtoD or LB that people particularly favor, especially against the AI?

This is a good question. I get the feeling that most folks pick these up just to support the development team or just play the campaigns H2H. I don't really have the time to play a full campaign, even if it starts in 1943 but the scenarios? Yes. If I can play a scenario through to completion within a week, that's fine by me.
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

I enjoy the Battle of Smolensk scenario. The Stalingrad to Berlin is fun too for a longer campaign type on either side.
cristianwj

Post by cristianwj »

Campaign 42-45 is my favorite, Russian have a great chance to win this war before 44.
Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno
hfarrish

Post by hfarrish »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

I enjoy the Battle of Smolensk scenario. The Stalingrad to Berlin is fun too for a longer campaign type on either side.

I am enjoying Stalingrad to Berlin right now as well. Some of the smaller scenarios such as Demyansk seem to offer some fun diversion if you can't muster the energy for a full blown campaign (I use them as filler when waiting for H2H game turns...).

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”