Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support >> Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/10/2013 2:09:52 AM   
McHugh

I just changed my operating system to Windows 7 and need to reinstall SOW Gettysburg. When I originally purchased SOWG I burned my download on to a CD. Can I now just reinstall the game from the CD and apply patch 1.61? I still have the e-mail from NorbSoft with the my license number. Any help would be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/10/2013 4:25:54 AM   
2ndACR

Yep that should work for you. I have re-installed many a game thru Matrix and it is pretty easy. Long as you got your number your golden. If your disc is bad or whatever, contact the help desk with your info, name license number and they will send you a new download link.

(in reply to McHugh)
Post #: 2
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/10/2013 6:09:10 PM   
McHugh

I reinstalled the game and applied the patch 1.61. When I initially input the serial number it said I deactivate first and wouldn't start. I then applied the patch and tried again and it seems to work. However, when I tried the first tutorial there was no infantry on the screen to move, just the commander so not sure the game is working properly. Will have to play around with the game a bit to see if there are any odd things happening.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/10/2013 6:51:58 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: McHugh

I reinstalled the game and applied the patch 1.61. When I initially input the serial number it said I deactivate first and wouldn't start. I then applied the patch and tried again and it seems to work. However, when I tried the first tutorial there was no infantry on the screen to move, just the commander so not sure the game is working properly. Will have to play around with the game a bit to see if there are any odd things happening.

I think I would contact Matrix support with your licensing information and see if they can provide a new download link so that you can start with the latest base load and then patch to the latest patch

Rick

(in reply to McHugh)
Post #: 4
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/11/2013 2:07:44 AM   
McHugh

Ok, my mistake, the infantry appear later. It has been a while since I last tried the game. Everything seems to be working fine. I was wondering about one of the graphics settings, sprites which set at 0 as the default. My machine is Quad Core I-5 3.20 GHZ with 8 MB of RAM. My video card is a HIS 1GB Radeon HD 6870. I assume that increasing the number of sprites improves the graphics? If not what does it do? Thanks in advance.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/11/2013 4:03:08 AM   
McHugh

I just read a post in General Discussion where the poster recommends downloading the Matrix version as it is already version 1.50 and then applying patch 1.61. As I previously indicated I re-installed using the original Norbsoft version that I had burned to a CD. Is there a difference between the Matrix version and original Norbsoft version now that I have patched it to 1.61. He mentions some Matrix add ons too. Can this be used for the Norbsoft version? Thanks.

(in reply to McHugh)
Post #: 6
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/12/2013 9:55:34 PM   
2ndACR

Yeah increasing the sprite number will improve the game flow and knock down some of the lag you can catch on the bigger OOB's. We have found that 10 is a pretty good number for our co-op games with 3 people. But we use a OOB that fields about 50,000 on each side. Also dialed back some of the draw ranges.

(in reply to McHugh)
Post #: 7
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/13/2013 3:56:06 AM   
McHugh

Sorry but I am little confused with your reply. If increasing the number of sprites improves the game flow and reduces lag does that mean that the quality of the graphics is less? I always thought that when graphics are set higher there could be increased lag.

To phrase my question in another way, if I increase the sprites will the game graphics improve?

Thanks.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 8
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/13/2013 4:52:00 AM   
RebBugler

Changing the sprite ratio higher improves performance by simply drawing less sprites, i.e., entering 10 gives you 1 sprite representing 10 men (100 man regiment will show 10 sprites), entering 5 gives you 1 sprite representing 5 men (100 man regiment will show 20 sprites). The default 0 is also the same as entering 4.

Hope this cleared some fog.

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to McHugh)
Post #: 9
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/13/2013 11:51:14 PM   
McHugh

Thanks. Now I understand.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 10
RE: Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg - 11/14/2013 3:53:30 AM   
2ndACR

Whoops sorry about that, was playing Scourge in a epic 5 player co-op and was late, thanks to RebBulger for clearing that up.

(in reply to McHugh)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support >> Reinstalling SOW Gettysburg Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI