Patch news (3.5)

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

ralphtricky

Patch news (3.5)

Post by ralphtricky »

Patch 3.5 is being actively developed again. We're making some good progress, and I'm hoping we can release it in the January-March time frame.

Two big items are a more complete Naval model and more units, etc. to allow for larger map sizes.

More detail will follow.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
shunwick

RE: Patch news (3.5)

Post by shunwick »

Ralph,

Awesome.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Ralph, maybe a statement wether 3.5 will be available as a public beta before its official release?
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Telumar
Ralph, maybe a statement wether 3.5 will be available as a public beta before its official release?
That would make sense to make sure that nothing major got broken. I'll check with Matrix as we get closer to release.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

... a more complete Naval model ...
Awesome! That will fix the game's biggest flaw right there.

Best wishes.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
josant

Post by josant »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

Two big items are a more complete Naval model and more units, etc. to allow for larger map sizes.

More detail will follow.

[:)]

This will include submarine warfare or should we wait until v 4.0 will be ready?
JA
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Hola Jose!

Don't open a can of worms. Subs and Heavy Bombers are strategic weapons, not operational :) I hope the focus is on supply and the combat system first, no? ;)

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
InuharikoMu

Post by InuharikoMu »

Great News :-) I hope we get the Beat as a nice Xmas Gift^^
“If a man does his best, what else is there?”
― George S. Patton Jr.
josant

Post by josant »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Hola Jose!

Don't open a can of worms. Subs and Heavy Bombers are strategic weapons, not operational :) I hope the focus is on supply and the combat system first, no? ;)

Klink, Oberst

OK
JA
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: josant

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Hola Jose!

Klink, Oberst

OK
Hey, no sour face, companero :) Viva Espana!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
PRUSSIAN TOM

Post by PRUSSIAN TOM »

Well worth the wait. It just keeps getting better. [:D][&o][&o]
There is no difference in ideology between the (American) Democrat & Republican Parties...only different special interest groups. They have one thing in common...self interest.
bdr.mallette

Post by bdr.mallette »

cool
Ubique Quofas et Gloria Ducunt
Iriglin

Post by Iriglin »

awesome
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

How far is the Patch developed?
Just just would like to know if there is a chance for an Open Beta version over the holidays.
secadegas

Known bug?

Post by secadegas »

I found a bug that i never heard before. It's not a major one but probably it's a good opportunity to deal with it.

The bug is: Player 2 (P2) formations under static order never activate when attacked or enemy moving adjacently while P1 formations under static order react activating all units from formation as expected.

However P2 formations under static order do normally react to turn or event activation as should be.

I tested thoroughly using both new turn order rules on and off and different TOAW 3 versions. I also tested combining several related events (formation orders) to be sure that engine progamed events didn't percede over other activation triggers. The results were all similar. Couldn't test with previous TOAW versions because i don't have them no more.

From manual: "Static (was Reserve): Units belonging to the formation are not available for orders until the formation is activated. Activation occurs on a specific turn (set in the editor) or when the enemy attacks or moves adjacent to any unit of the formation. When activated, the formation assumes a defend order."

Sensei.Tokugawa

RE: Known bug?

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

I have such situation in my Bob Cross' "Campaign for North Africa" (complete)PBEM - South African infantry division which is supposed to be training prior to be sent to the front down south of Cairo is still unavailable even though the Axis forces attempted in vain to cross the canal right next to them - but I am assuming that this is a different case as this situation is handled by the event editor. On the other hand an Iraqi armoured division in Salamon's Iran-Iraq War 198- 88 which was supposed to activate round turn 80 went into action due to the abortive Iranian amphibious landing or seaborne reconnaissance. Dunno - in the other one Iraq is the first one to go so that's another story I think
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Oberst_Klink

RE: Known bug?

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: burroughs

I have such situation in my Bob Cross' "Campaign for North Africa" (complete)PBEM - South African infantry division which is supposed to be training prior to be sent to the front down south of Cairo is still unavailable even though the Axis forces attempted in vain to cross the canal right next to them - but I am assuming that this is a different case as this situation is handled by the event editor. On the other hand an Iraqi armoured division in Salamon's Iran-Iraq War 198- 88 which was supposed to activate round turn 80 went into action due to the abortive Iranian amphibious landing or seaborne reconnaissance. Dunno - in the other one Iraq is the first one to go so that's another story I think
Witam!

Best bet is to ask Onkel Bob about the SA.ID sitting in Cairo and ain't doing anything, tak?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
clark_x_zhang

Post by clark_x_zhang »

That's awesome that a v3.5 patch is in development. I look forward to it!
Clark
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

Roger that, a patch would be welcome indeed.

eggmansdaddy
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”