Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DaBabes Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBabes Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DaBabes Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/6/2013 7:49:46 PM   
Andy Mac

Ported based on DaBigabes A so using the stock map and base list only

Latest AI files included

Japanese are using stock style units and AV vslues so it may get a little wacked out - Babes devce file with a couple of mods though

This is a mix of Nasty and the Nasty Nasty version so feel free to give the allies some prezzies

ps VERY LIMITED testing on this one so user beware it could be a total wack job.

Goes without saying JAPANESE AI only do NOT ply tis scen as Japan

Andy

PART 1 of 3

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Andy Mac -- 11/7/2013 8:55:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/6/2013 7:50:25 PM   
Andy Mac

Part 2 of 3

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/6/2013 7:52:18 PM   
Andy Mac

Part 3 of 3

But seriously add stuff for the allies and beware its not hat tested

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 3
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/7/2013 3:15:20 PM   
traskott

Downloading !!!!

What kind of stuff should the allied player add ? Fantasy stuff or REALLY USEFUL stuff...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 4
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/7/2013 5:01:01 PM   
Andy Mac

whatever you like pick your favourite never weres
cancel a few ship withdrawals
increase capacity of carrier - ie RN ones ??
release from static attached a few units e.g. NZ Tank Bde
increase PP allocation
give extra devices

basically do whatever you like

Personally I chang a lot of CW aircraft to Commonwealth nationality and change most of the non carrier FB's to attack bombers as I think its a better representation, increase a few aircraft types replacement rates and increase PP's but its d whatever floats your personal boat.

Andy

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 5
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/7/2013 5:04:35 PM   
Symon

Way to go Andy Soon as I get any time, I'll check these out. Slick them up, if they need it, and put them on the site.

Thanks !!! JWE

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 6
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/7/2013 5:06:18 PM   
Andy Mac

This is a rough and ready fantasy conversion so its do whatever you want - I have a v AI game of the stock Nasty Nasty going with no amendments at all

I am not a fan of the babes convention on LCU's but its personal preference as I prefer the simplicity of integrated base forces but I have huge respect for the guys that put the effort into to develop it.

What I love about babes is the stacking levels albeit I was opposed at start so you never know one day I may learn to love the counter convention as well

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 7
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/7/2013 5:10:00 PM   
Andy Mac

No worries John Babes looks really good if I get time in a few months I will try to do the same for the extended map version.

In terms of slicking it up the one thing that I am crap at is art so the Kriegsmarine sides etc are crap if there was one bit o slicking up to do it would be improve the Art for my never weres its shocking !!!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 8
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/8/2013 3:23:27 AM   
PaxMondo

Thanks Andy! Appreciate the support!

Pax

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 9
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/8/2013 12:21:56 PM   
Andy Mac

It has had limited testing I think its stable but its really just nasty with the babes counter mix so its not up to thier standard

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 10
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/8/2013 12:38:28 PM   
PaxMondo

Andy, it is a start and you're still around putting them together!

I've started on this (building AI (segments) and all I can say is: WOW! The mechanics involved make these unbelievably difficult to do as there are no tools and everything has to be hand keyed into the editor. The lack of file export really makes these daunting. And then for the alternatives, you have to rename and load and do it all over again.

THANKS for your support!!!

Pax

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 11
RE: Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 11/10/2013 5:39:35 PM   
Mac Linehan

Andy -

It is important to realize that any scenario port or conversion effort you have done, and you determine to be "first effort" is, without question, light years ahead of a similar effort by one of us. To be direct, it requires sheer persistence and number crunching; just plain hard work.

Many of us have our own "mods" that fit our preferences, but all are based on your (and other Team Members) hard work. My own mod, although very basic (more ships etc.) still required hours of editing. I would not even speculate the sheer effort, work and persistence that would be required to do any of your mods.

Your attention to detail, work ethic and commitment to excellence is very humbling to me; you have my utmost respect, Sir.

Also, as I study your posts, I am learning Scottish... <grin>

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 11/10/2013 6:40:05 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 12
RE: DaBabes Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port - 12/29/2013 7:44:53 PM   
Mac Linehan

Andy -

Am on Christmas Break so I paused my H2H and fired up your Babes A Quick and Dirty NN(tm).

Loved the first turn move surprises, got so excited that I had to review and edit the Japanese set up.

Balanced he airframe/engine production, added more ships (ya gotta love those Matsu DD's and Mogami CA's!!!) to help invasion TF's and a load more Patrol Boats. Felt compelled to enlarge the Japanese Air Pools, even more so. Please note, that this is no reflection on the as is scenario set up, I just wanted to do it!

Wanted to make sure that Truk and outer Empire bases were tough, well defended, with good air, but discovered that you had already taken care of that. I almost peed my pants...<grin>

Am being purposely vague, so as not to give away the many surprises.

My gift to the Allies was larger air pools, cause your gonna need them...

So, my conclusion after playing daily for a week, often till the wee hours of the morning:

Absolutely Outstanding, Meets or Exceeds All Expectations.

My H2H games are logical, orderly, well supplied and balanced, all in accord with the logistics guy that I am in "The World according to Mac" tm) H2H is an excellent learning tool (along with the smaller scenarios..."

BUT -

Babes Ironman NN is delightfully unpredictable, with Allied forces scrambling all over the map to meet multiple unexpected threats with insufficient forces on hand. And I just love it...!

Thank You, Andy. There are five other new games sitting on the shelf, waiting to be played (Santa was GOOD to me this year!). I have been so focused on Babes Ironman NN that my family has become concerned, and subtlety (and often not so subtly) suggested that I play something else...(true!).

I would also like to recognize your sheer creativity in adding unusual units - air, land, sea - that do so much for the scenario. One of my first priorities upon a new Andy Mac release, is to check for the unusual and Easter eggs, so that I enjoy the sheer nastiness and add them to my own scenarios. All of this above and beyond the incredible AI scripts...

I would also like to put in a plug for your other "Ironman NN Beware of the Dorniers" campaign - more awesomeness.

In closing, I am forced to state, that Real Men and Ladies play Ironman Nasty Nasty - in either form. It is just simply one of the most exciting experiences I have had in a long time.

Many, such as I, are unable to commit to a pbem game, as much as we would like to do so. I respectfully submit that Ironman NN is the next best thing.

And: I shamelessly request that the Babes Team, when a quiet moment is to be found, look at this awesome effort.

Andy, as I do not speak Scottish, I will have to say in American - "May you have a Happy and safe New Year"!

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 12/29/2013 9:17:39 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBabes Quick and Dirty Ironman Nasty Port Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI