Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Steamroller

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Russian Steamroller Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Steamroller - 11/5/2013 10:21:12 PM   
Johnnie

Playing as the Central Powers, I can't seem to prevent the Russians from destroying my army in East Prussia and rolling right into Germany proper. I'm an experienced wargamer. What am I doing (very) wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Russian Steamroller - 11/6/2013 7:33:21 AM   
battlevonwar

Okay, well depending on which scenario and or difficulty you should be able to hold your own. I would try to build a good deal of garrisons pre-Russian DOW. Also maybe pull back your German units to a shape of a extended left hook defense all the way back into Germany. Also have a nice strong contingent Austrian force to either move up in Russia to threaten her Rear and cut off the Russians or just harass her and have her move to face them. There is no reason you should not be able to come up with a good 8-12 CP units to face off with a slightly smaller Russian force by the point where they DOW you, giving you the advantage depending on how you deploy and arrange your forces. Do not attack blindly, do not come out of trenches in bad places.. Keep your Supply and fight hard, the joy of this game is getting your nose bloody. It took me a whole night to defeat the AI, which was impressive!

< Message edited by battlevonwar -- 11/6/2013 8:34:09 AM >

(in reply to Johnnie)
Post #: 2
RE: Russian Steamroller - 11/6/2013 8:34:19 AM   
suprass81

BVW is right. You have to be very carefull with your moves. There is a lot of room to make manuvers and cut of Russians from suply. At the early stage of war Russian mobilisation is slow. Try to use your garrisons to defend and make sorround manuvers with your cavalry/ infantry corps. Untill Russia will have arty thay can't brake your trenches in frontal assault. If Russians attack it means thay don't have strong forces in other places- use this.
From my point of view as an Entente player I wouldn't attack before november unless CP player hit hard in France. If you decide to strike hard there you have to prepare defence against Russia.
One more thing- leaving Russia untill summer 1915 without any offensive actions can be devastating. Thay will have full strenght then.

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 3
RE: Russian Steamroller - 11/7/2013 1:21:15 AM   
Johnnie

Thanks guys. I will try your tips. The AI is certainly aggressive in East Prussia.

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Russian Steamroller Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI