Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage - 9/20/2018 7:09:32 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

People can endure almost anything, as long as there's hope.

We Allied players have hope.

Well, yeah, but also a relentless calendar.

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 511
RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage - 9/20/2018 7:14:37 PM   
Canoerebel

Well, let me put it this way. The Allies are going to win the war, assuming it's a match between equals. For most players, that's all they care about; all they look at; all they consider.

Whether the Allies are going to win the game is another matter entirely. For those few who pay attention to the game and victory points, victory is probably a toss-up and the calendar is relentless for both sides (the Japanese early, the Allies late).

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 512
RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage - 9/20/2018 8:25:52 PM   
HansBolter

Good points by all who followed my last post.

Hans

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 513
RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage - 9/20/2018 11:42:08 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Well, let me put it this way. The Allies are going to win the war, assuming it's a match between equals. For most players, that's all they care about; all they look at; all they consider.

Whether the Allies are going to win the game is another matter entirely. For those few who pay attention to the game and victory points, victory is probably a toss-up and the calendar is relentless for both sides (the Japanese early, the Allies late).

I'm not at all sure that those who care about VPs and the game design are in the minority.

And Japan, while it has to care about the calendar, can with by simply not losing. The Allies have to have an auto-victory to win, and that has a date system imposed.

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 514
RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage - 9/22/2018 5:48:47 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

I'm not at all sure that those who care about VPs and the game design are in the minority.

And Japan, while it has to care about the calendar, can with by simply not losing. The Allies have to have an auto-victory to win, and that has a date system imposed.

And I think the "earning a draw" point is about 6 months too far in the Allies' favor, having played 3 PBEM games into 1945 now (well, 3 when this one gets there, but close enough).

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 515
RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage - 9/22/2018 6:10:50 PM   
Bullwinkle58

Fair point.

The Moose

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 516
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: (J) vs. Obvert (A) - Monday Night Montage Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI