Ironman and Nasty

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Andy Mac

Ironman and Nasty

Post by Andy Mac »

Been away for a while for personal reasons ad wanted to check in h as anyone played Ironman/ Nasty or te Allied Ironman looking fr feedback or saves of gams against ay ofte ironman scenarios to understand howthey ply out
HansBolter

RE: Ironman and Nasty

Post by HansBolter »

Andy,

I started a Nasty a couple of games ago.

After putting about 3+ hours into the first Allied turn I discovered that the base and all the units at Perth were missing from the map. The graphic label was there, but the base was nowhere to be found.

I'm sorry that I don't have a saved game to send you so you can see the bug. I saved over it long ago as I'm currently in early May '42 on a Babes Ironman C with stacking limits game.

I love your AI scripts and saw that the nasty scenario would have been the most challenging game I've ever gotten from the AI, but I have also fallen in love with the Babes LCU countermix and am now having a hard time with ever going back to the stock LCU countermix.

Any chance you might consider writing some Nasty AI scripts for Babes Ironman? That would be the ultimate fantasy!
Hans

Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Sorry Hans that would be a total re write of the land portion and I don't have that kind of time these days sorry
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Sorry Hans that would be a total re write of the land portion and I don't have that kind of time these days sorry
I was afraid of that. I looked at the files once and noted that almost all of the units had been moved. [:(]

I understand why they did it, but it meant that the AI files weren't going to work at all.
Pax
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Oh well Andy, I kind of figured it would be a huge task.

Just something to wish for.

I'm at May '42 in Babes Ironman now and the AI is not doing very well so I don't expect this game to last into '43.

I'll likely be starting a new game by the middle or end of next month and I'll make in a Nasty for you so I can provide you some feedback even if it means living with the stock LCU countermix.
Hans

Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Thanks Hans much appreciated

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”